Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Euro Qualifiers Official Match day thread  (Read 10623 times)
lebowski

« Reply #90 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 08:06:42 »

seems to me though batch that the same people in the press who called for an english manager, are now demanding that mclaren be sacked.

anyway, surely grinding out a 3-0 win when you're not playing well (and your best midfielder has wrist-knack) is the sign of a great team.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 08:20:28 »

No, winning 3-0 against a team of that quality is a sign of a struggling team. If you think Lampard is our best I suggest you put down the cooking sherry. He ancd Rooney seem alergic to playing in white at the moment

As for the press, they are bunch of wankers. Hypocrites. Everyone knows that. They'll do whatever it is needed order to sell a paper or make themselves a name. Build 'em up, knock 'em down.
mattboyslim

« Reply #92 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 08:40:53 »

Ultimately my gripe is with the FA, O'Neill wanted the job and had credentials to do it, the FA once more showed they wanted a yes man and gave it to McLaren, their long standing fear of a strong character has again reared it's head, the players and the coach need to take a degree of responsibility - there is enough quality there to qualify, but the people who put the guy in the hot seat are ulitmately at fault IMHO.
lebowski

« Reply #93 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 08:43:31 »

that's all very well matt, but martin o'neill is the only football pundit that i like - if he was england manager then i'd have to watch bbc's football coverage with the sound off until he's sacked.
mattboyslim

« Reply #94 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 08:46:12 »

Damn Lebowski, watch the games in teh pub and spend all half time queueing for a piss and a pint, problem solved.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #95 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 09:24:46 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
seems to me though batch that the same people in the press who called for an english manager, are now demanding that mclaren be sacked.

anyway, surely grinding out a 3-0 win when you're not playing well (and your best midfielder has wrist-knack) is the sign of a great team.

The very same who demanded Beckham be dropped?
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 09:34:26 »

Fucking press,never fucking happy,except when England are shite cause it gives the bastards something to write about :x
Anyone see during the game last night the shot of a load of the inky fingered gits lined up watching,then they showed Mcclaren,it was beautifully done Soapy Tit Wank Must have been a Spanish TV crew,suppose Sky would show that but the shots of the crowd going ape shit at half time,no way!

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Rich Pullen

« Reply #97 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 09:40:56 »

Steve McClaren, in my opinion, should never have been appointed in the first place. He was in Sven's coaching staff and therefore represents too many of the same methods from the old regime for it to be effective. We needed a complete change and we never got that.

By appointing McClaren we might as well have kept Sven - and barely anyone wanted that.
lebowski

« Reply #98 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 09:44:48 »

Quote from: "Batch"
If you think Lampard is our best I suggest you put down the cooking sherry. He ancd Rooney seem alergic to playing in white at the moment

i was thinking of joe cole actually.

he's good enough to be known by just one name from now on - simply "joe".
Frasier3

« Reply #99 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 09:51:28 »

Quote from: "Bob's Orange"
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland! Loving it, well done the Norn Iron!

Well said wee man. Perhaps Sky will show us play live one day.
Green "n" white army!
lebowski

« Reply #100 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 09:53:13 »

lawrie sanchez made my "all time swindon players with a z in their name" team. fact.
McLovin

« Reply #101 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 10:10:03 »

Zaaboub left wing?
Bouazza up front with Bazza Corr?
mattboyslim

« Reply #102 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 10:15:52 »

Lorenzo? Hazard?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #103 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 10:16:50 »

Not forgetting Brezovan in goal.
Spud

« Reply #104 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 12:34:23 »

Quote from: "larwood"
Fucking press,never fucking happy,except when England are shite cause it gives the bastards something to write about :x
Anyone see during the game last night the shot of a load of the inky fingered gits lined up watching,then they showed Maclaren,it was beautifully done Soapy Tit Wank Must have been a Spanish TV crew,suppose Sky would show that but the shots of the crowd going ape shit at half time,no way!

And why should they be happy about such an inept performance against a bunch of part timers?

McClaren should never have been appointed in the first place, he is a clone of Sven in the tactics department and the F.A. went with the safe option instead of choosing somebody that could take us forward.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: