Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Euro Qualifiers Official Match day thread  (Read 10618 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 13:51:26 »

One of my major problems with the press [aside from the fact that i think they love it when England aren't doing well,just look at the Sun's current coverage for proof!Macdonut,what a laugh] is they were the ones wanting an English manager,and now they've got one and he's no good,so there're sticking the knive into the bloke in the traditional good olde English press way.No blame is placed on the players,its the same old shit,how can these players be so good for their club sides and not do the same for England?Its not all McClarens fault is all i'm saying.
I've already said before in this thread that the real blame lies with the FA,not going to say it again cause we all know its true and it ain't going to change a thing sadly.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
lebowski

« Reply #106 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 14:22:20 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Zaaboub left wing?
Bouazza up front with Bazza Corr?

grazioli up front with lukas and bouazza.

have a look:

http://www.thetownend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19278
STFC Village

« Reply #107 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 14:56:48 »

I'm not going to support an ex-scummer. MCLAREN OUT!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #108 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 15:15:38 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
I'm not going to support an ex-scummer. MCLAREN OUT!

Good point - Ex-Oxford and City. He could never be trusted.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 19:29:50 »

Okay - anybody who is majorly upset with that England performance is going over the top in my opinion

There's no argument, the first half was aweful to say the least. We had about 80% of the posession and created next to nothing with it. Downing looked cack, Rooney was anonymous and there was no pressure put on the opposition.

However, we came out in the second half looking a different team. We were a long way off a good performance but the players knew all we had to do was break down the opposition. Robinson had nothing to do all night so one goal was going to win it. They played a bit quicker and made a few more runs and hey presto we grab a couple of goals through Gerrard and it's rounded off by a third from a decent move.

I'm not defending the performances of late, but the players went out there to do a job and (in the end) got it done
Scot Munroe

« Reply #110 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 20:05:56 »

England won that is all that matters for fuck sake. The press never let things go. Fans are so fickle. McClaren as said earlier was no where near first choice. It was Hiddink who will be the next chelsea manager. You do not see the Scottish press on the back of Alex Mcleash(spelling) after getting beat in Bari yesterday. The press have been on Steve back since the 0-0 draw with Macedonia in Manchester in October.
Spud

« Reply #111 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 20:33:16 »

Quote from: "SwindonUltra"
You do not see the Scottish press on the back of Alex Mcleash(spelling) after getting beat in Bari yesterday

Thats because Scotland were playing the current world champions, i know they're doing well at the moment but no Scotland fan honestly thought they would get anything from last nights game in Italy.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 20:35:42 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Quote from: "SwindonUltra"
You do not see the Scottish press on the back of Alex Mcleash(spelling) after getting beat in Bari yesterday

Thats because Scotland were playing the current world champions, i know they're doing well at the moment but no Scotland fan honestly thought they would get anything from last nights game in Italy.

To be fair, when Scotland had the worst manager in Europe (bombscare) Berti they didn't boo the team despite being utterly minging............................................

They just didn't bother going to the home games anymore, the SFA had no option to get rid of him and they now are enjoying a new lease of life. They ain't going to qualify but they have beaten France and have had some good results.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, March 30, 2007, 10:03:52 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
Ultimately my gripe is with the FA, O'Neill wanted the job and had credentials to do it, the FA once more showed they wanted a yes man and gave it to McLaren, their long standing fear of a strong character has again reared it's head, the players and the coach need to take a degree of responsibility - there is enough quality there to qualify, but the people who put the guy in the hot seat are ulitmately at fault IMHO.

Ah,the old"O'Neill is a good manager"myth.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, March 30, 2007, 11:02:39 »

myth?...apart from his odd 2 weeks stint at Norwichhe's done well at all the clubs he's been at...and is practically a god in Wycombe, Leicester and Glasgow
mattboyslim

« Reply #115 on: Friday, March 30, 2007, 11:06:45 »

Quote from: "DV85"
myth?...apart from his odd 2 weeks stint at Norwichhe's done well at all the clubs he's been at...and is practically a god in Wycombe, Leicester and Glasgow

More than taht DV he actually has balls he'd stand up to people at the FA, he's not a yes man.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: