Poll
Question: Would you support or oppose a CG redevelopment at present?  (Voting closed: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:08:55)
100% Backing - 10 (22.2%)
Support in principal - 7 (15.6%)
Support on condition(s)... - 6 (13.3%)
Opposed at present but negotiable - 7 (15.6%)
Outright opposed under the existing regime - 13 (28.9%)
Unsure - 2 (4.4%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Would you support/oppose a CG redevelopment at present?  (Read 2239 times)
Dazzza

« on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:08:55 »

Perhaps a little close to the consortium/boardroom poll on the Adver but I’d be interested to know if the same sentiment is translated into support or even outright opposition to the current board’s plans to re-develop the CG.

Details are sketchy at best when in the public domain so I’ve thrown in hopefully enough caveats to keep everyone happy with circumstances as they are.

stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:14:41 »

Under this board I would not back anything its gone too far for me.  I have voted outright opposed under the current regime.  I would be seriously worried where any profits from a development would go.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:14:53 »

aaarrggh double post
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:15:24 »

Went for opposed at present but negotiable.  To be honest, if they produce a well thought out, funded and properly maintained development proposal then it would get my backing.

That means:

a) something the local community can support
b) something that provides fans what they want
c) something that ring fences revenue for the club and not individuals or seperate companies
d) has stringent ownership built in, pref by the Council and possibly a group represented in equal measure of fans, local residents and the club.

Based on what little we know so far, a) is not being properly considered, d) is debatable given the loan note issue meaning they'll want to recoup profits as is c).  Only b) has no negatives yet, but that's because it has had no details given.

My big concern is the club arse this up, as seems likely do far, like they have before and end-up annoying locals and the Council even more, making it more difficult for anyone to do a job in the future.
Dazzza

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:29:06 »

Spot on Rob.

I don’t want to be ultimately pessimistic but evidence to date hasn’t been encouraging and where there is a lack of detail on past performance I’m (rightly or wrongly) going to presume the worst.  

Interested to hear the from those giving 100% backing.

Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:33:02 »

I mis read the question gave 100% backing. I should of said Opposed at present but negotiable.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:34:14 »

Not with the current prats in charge.

Saying that with Bowden in charge of it, it's not likely to come off anyway !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:37:07 »

100% behind everyone else thats posted so far  - i just don't trust this board, have no idea of their motivations and no confidence in their abilities.  Even if it was done with the best philanthropic intentions, i still would not be surprised if there was a nasty surprise, if that makes any sense.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:38:40 »

I'll support it if the CVA is paid immediately, Diamandis, Bowden and the rest of Newbury leave and a fans rep is pput on the Board (who isn't Gary fucking Stanley)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:39:40 »

Didn't actually read all the poll, just voted 100% to the redevelopment.

After reading all the options, I'd have gone for support with conditions.

It's All Good..............
Piemonte

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:45:30 »

I voted "Support on condition(s)..." Those conditions being that none of the current mob make a fast buck through redevelopment, and that future revenues from conferencing etc are put into the club rather than a Kassam - esque situation. The only thing I wouldnt object to is SSW getting some of his money back or charges released off his land etc.

To be honest I think some of you are so blinded with rage and hatred for the current set up that you are forgetting what we want: A club that can stand on its own two feet.

I still would much rather have the consortium in charge as I dont really hyave any faith that the current regime can get anything right, but just on the off chance that they spawned a sucessful redevelopment plan with the conditions abvove I would support it.
fatbury

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 14:16:13 »

totally opposed to anything under the current regime
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 14:53:25 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
I voted "Support on condition(s)..." Those conditions being that none of the current mob make a fast buck through redevelopment, and that future revenues from conferencing etc are put into the club rather than a Kassam - esque situation. The only thing I wouldnt object to is SSW getting some of his money back or charges released off his land etc.

To be honest I think some of you are so blinded with rage and hatred for the current set up that you are forgetting what we want: A club that can stand on its own two feet.

I still would much rather have the consortium in charge as I dont really hyave any faith that the current regime can get anything right, but just on the off chance that they spawned a sucessful redevelopment plan with the conditions abvove I would support it.

I voted the same for the same reasons - well posted!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 15:19:58 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"

Hence why most selected Opposed but negotiable - i.e all the current info suggests another badly contrived plan is on it's way, but if they could produce a plan that is worthwhile I'd support it regardless of who presents it.  They could, if they wanted, use the Trusts proposals.
Piemonte

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 15:38:38 »

Fair enough Rob, I blame Dazzzas poll for splitting the fanbase Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: