Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Spine  (Read 6190 times)
byax6

« on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 16:19:29 »

The spine of our team is absolute class, EVANS, O'HANLON, MIGLIORANZI,PARKIN. Why aren't we pissing on this division?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 16:21:23 »

because Miglioranzi is injured perhaps?
byax6

« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 16:25:33 »

even without migs we are still far better than our current position suggests
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 16:26:00 »

Evans = Class, but with only one defender playing half well in front of him, it wouldn't matter who we've got in goal, we'd lose.

O'Hanlon - personally he's gone off the boil a little bit, since the U21 comments perhaps.

Migs = Injured

Parkin - with the kind of service he's been getting recently, any striker would struggle getting on the scoresheet.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 16:31:36 »

It's all very well having a good 'spine' but when individuals such as Howard are playing as individuals and not as a team, then no matter how good a 'spine' we have we will not perform to potential
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2004, 09:29:34 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
It's all very well having a good 'spine' but when individuals such as Howard are playing as individuals and not as a team, then no matter how good a 'spine' we have we will not perform to potential

Good point. Look at Everton. No real players that stand out as 'individuals', but they play as a team with passion, commitment and enthusiasm...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2004, 12:14:56 »

A team's position in the league is a precise, scientific reflection of how good/bad they are.

We are mid-table, therefore we are neither as good or as bad as some people on this forum would have us all believe.
byax6

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2004, 17:06:45 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
A team's position in the league is a precise, scientific reflection of how good/bad they are.

We are mid-table, therefore we are neither as good or as bad as some people on this forum would have us all believe.

However its not a measure of the potential of a team. I fully believe in what you mean, but only at the end of the season when everyone has played each other home and away. Until then i believe we can mount a challenge for promotion.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2004, 17:35:33 »

Quote from: "byax6"
Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"

However its not a measure of the potential of a team. I fully believe in what you mean, but only at the end of the season when everyone has played each other home and away. Until then i believe we can mount a challenge for promotion.

I agree with that. If we can get Migz back soon and he actually stays fit for the rest of the season, he could turn us from being 10th best to 5th best team in the league. Let's hope he does Cool
lebowski

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2004, 18:47:11 »

i'm not sure that migs is SO good that he can improve us by that much...

there are so many problems with our team (e.g. motivation, tactics, certain players' attitudes etc) that - with or without him - i can't see us even making the play-offs this season.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2004, 23:05:00 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
i'm not sure that migs is SO good that he can improve us by that much...

there are so many problems with our team (e.g. motivation, tactics, certain players' attitudes etc) that - with or without him - i can't see us even making the play-offs this season.

He WOULD improve us that much, I've scientifically worked it out and everything.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2004, 23:08:42 »

I'd agree with Lebowski to a certain extent, but I do feel that the midfield would be more sure and confident with migs. That said, the midfield is only half the team and the others need to perform.

I think what has been said about Everton is a brilliant example. Tipped for relegation...they've started so well. Good result against Liverpool too!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: