Pages: 1 ... 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1079856 times)
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #4095 on: Friday, October 29, 2021, 12:43:29 »

Bruce has still got it! He is great to watch and has really high standards, I've tech'd for him and he runs a tight ship but then again that's why he is so good at what he does.

Seeing FTJ is a great way to hear those great Jam songs done really well. Sadly Paul chooses not to play many anymore plus his voice has changed a lot over the years (too many B&H).
It is always great to see a mixture of bald heads from first time round bringing through the next generation of fans at gigs.

Enjoy MECA, the Sound Affects Tours has some top tunes plus a load of favourites in the setlist too.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #4096 on: Friday, October 29, 2021, 17:09:07 »

Nitin Sawhney at the Albert Hall tonight 👍
All the cancelled gigs coming in now !
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4097 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 07:25:51 »

Third time lucky for Bauhaus at The Ally Pally tonight.
An original member band reunion that Red Frog might approve of.

Pre gig preparations seem to be following the same routine as for away games.  Smiley
A pity that the rock n roll lifestyle doesn't extend to a helicopter taxi from Boundary Park.
Have to follow the music until the cancellation chaos has sorted itself out.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #4098 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2021, 12:45:29 »

The Snuts in Cardiff tonight at The Globe. Small venue that holds around 350 I believe. Should be good.

Hotel for the night and have tomorrow off work  Pint
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #4099 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2021, 13:00:43 »

Pre gig preparations seem to be following the same routine as for away games.  Smiley
A pity that the rock n roll lifestyle doesn't extend to a helicopter taxi from Boundary Park.

I observed that jealously from a distance. Pete's still got it. A favourite picture was the London buses with "Bauhaus Shuttle" as their destination. Rock 'n' roll makes it to TFL.

Band spy! spy! spy! spy! spyyyyyy!

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4100 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2021, 17:58:34 »

I observed that jealously from a distance. Pete's still got it. A favourite picture was the London buses with "Bauhaus Shuttle" as their destination. Rock 'n' roll makes it to TFL.

Band spy! spy! spy! spy! spyyyyyy!

Great show in a fine setting.

Looks as if they might be carrying on so maybe the Paris date could be rescheduled in the not too distant.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Hunk

« Reply #4101 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 10:11:50 »

My most very favourite band, Porcupine Tree, have just announced their first album in 12 years and apparently will be touring next year. That'll be the best gig of my life
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4102 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 10:32:41 »

My most very favourite band, Porcupine Tree, have just announced their first album in 12 years and apparently will be touring next year. That'll be the best gig of my life

I saw them in Luxembourg some years ago. Bit too meandering for me.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Hunk

« Reply #4103 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 11:09:29 »

I saw them in Luxembourg some years ago. Bit too meandering for me.

Oh they meander alright! Lots of soundscapes and ambience. But they can be to the point too. Their post-pink floyd worship stuff is a lot more accessible. Give their album ‘In Absentia’ a shot, I’m pretty sure you’ll be glad if you do
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 11:20:12 by Hunk » Logged
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4104 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 11:41:44 »

Oh they meander alright! Lots of soundscapes and ambience. But they can be to the point too. Their post-pink floyd worship stuff is a lot more accessible. Give their album ‘In Absentia’ a shot, I’m pretty sure you’ll be glad if you do

I think I went to see them on the back of the 'Fear of a Blank Planet' album. I do like Post-Rock and at the time had seen Mogwai and Sigur Ros in Luxembourg. I think my issue is if it goes a little too 'proggy'. There were parts I did enjoy from memory, long time ago now!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4105 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 11:42:51 »

That's reminded me, going to see ex Ocean Colour Scene band member Andy Bennett in a pub in town tonight. Not a lot happens in Daventry so thought why not!!

Hunk

« Reply #4106 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 11:49:38 »

I think I went to see them on the back of the 'Fear of a Blank Planet' album. I do like Post-Rock and at the time had seen Mogwai and Sigur Ros in Luxembourg. I think my issue is if it goes a little too 'proggy'. There were parts I did enjoy from memory, long time ago now!

I hear ya, I'm more of a fan of their post-rock stuff over their more overtly prog stuff. FoaBP is not my favourite album by them, although the title track is a fucking killer. One of their best
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4107 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 11:52:23 »

I hear ya, I'm more of a fan of their post-rock stuff over their more overtly prog stuff. FoaBP is not my favourite album by them, although the title track is a fucking killer. One of their best

I'll give absentia a whirl. Any other post-rock suggestions whilst on the topic?

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4108 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 11:53:53 »

Pre gig preparations seem to be following the same routine as for away games.  Smiley

I like a bit of Bauhaus, and Peter Murphy has done some good stuff. Got quite a bit on vinyl.
Hunk

« Reply #4109 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 11:58:38 »

I'll give absentia a whirl. Any other post-rock suggestions whilst on the topic?

The Ocean Collective. More metal than rock but give them a try.

I've been meaning to listen to Mogwai for years but never got round to it. I'll do so while I'm on lunch

Pages: 1 ... 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: