Poll
Question: Were we a better side under Dennis Wise?  (Voting closed: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 13:25:36)
Yes - 16 (28.6%)
No - 40 (71.4%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Were we a better side under Dennis Wise?  (Read 3214 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 13:25:36 »

well....?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 13:27:12 »

I think we were about the same. The style of football has changed but I don't think the quality has. I think we were a lot luckier earlier on in the season.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 13:33:59 »

no change or very little imo
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 13:34:11 »

maybe....but with Dennis Wise the players seemed to know what they were doing alot more than they do now.

Im also sure our set piece defending wasnt as bad under Wise as it is now...

Most of all, Sturrock has no play B....or he has a crappy plan B which doesnt work and leaves the players clueless as to what their jobs actually are...

I also think Dennis Wise had a much better squad of players and everyone was involved so we had enough depth. Only having 2 centre backs in an entire squad is just fucking stupid beyond belief. We get rid of CCP last day of the transfer window and replace him with no one (like we did all our players?) then two games later and one of our centre backs is injured. Time for CCP to come in and show us what he can do....oh.....

I think we've let too many go and not replaced them at all. Plus Sturrock has told a few players (Brownlie and Whalley) they will never play again and he wont use them. Regardless of how he feels about them if they are contracted and we are paying them we might as well use them. Whalley hasnt played football properly for ages so will be rusty as hell but he CANT be worse than Pook. Its not possible.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 13:35:32 »

whalley may have a better touch and vision than pook.but the fucker cannot run or break up the play like pook does.
having said that he was piss poor yesterday
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 13:39:49 »

breaking up the play is the job of Evans!

Which is one of the reason I dont think we are as good, he is the best midfielder at the club by a million miles. He's worth about 50 Pooks.

Sadly he got injured, came back got injured, came back got injured  Crying

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 13:41:57 »

but if he aint playing he cannot do the job.
flammableBen

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 13:42:15 »

Quote from: "DV85"
breaking up the play is the job of Evans!

Which is one of the reason I dont think we are as good, he is the best midfielder at the club by a million miles. He's worth about 50 Pooks.

Sadly he got injured, came back got injured, came back got injured  Crying

That's just not true though is it. If it was a choice between Evans and 50 Pooks then you'd go for the Pookitude every time. You could get half of them sent off.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 13:47:58 »

Quote from: "arriba"

true, but some people are playing and still not doing their job.

We need a late 20's expirenced midfield in on loan to replace Paul Evans. Timlin, Pook and Weston dont have enough expirence and cant play together in the middle....I'd rather have one along an Evans type player. I think everyone would.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 13:49:24 »

Quote from: "arriba"

true, but some people are playing and still not doing their job.

We need a late 20's expirenced midfield in on loan to replace Paul Evans. Timlin, Pook and Weston dont have enough expirence and cant play together in the middle....I'd rather have one along an Evans type player. I think everyone would.

agree,
and a striker,and a centre half
lebowski

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 13:50:08 »

i think we're about the same, but saying this, wise had his own team, whereas sturrock's had his hands tied when it comes to bringing in players. also factor in that evans is injured.

so the answer is no, we were not a better side under wise...
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 14:33:32 »

maybe....but with Dennis Wise the players seemed to know what they were doing alot more than they do now.

Im also sure our set piece defending wasnt as bad under Wise as it is now...

Most of all, Sturrock has no play B....or he has a crappy plan B which doesnt work and leaves the players clueless as to what their jobs actually are...

I also think Dennis Wise had a much better squad of players and everyone was involved so we had enough depth. Only having 2 centre backs in an entire squad is just fucking stupid beyond belief. We get rid of CCP last day of the transfer window and replace him with no one (like we did all our players?) then two games later and one of our centre backs is injured. Time for CCP to come in and show us what he can do....oh.....

I think we've let too many go and not replaced them at all. Plus Sturrock has told a few players (Brownlie and Whalley) they will never play again and he wont use them. Regardless of how he feels about them if they are contracted and we are paying them we might as well use them. Whalley hasnt played football properly for ages so will be rusty as hell but he CANT be worse than Pook. Its not possible.

Like most of your posts this is spot on.  Maybe the players looked up to wise as he was younger and was/is a legend in football.

Spencer_White

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 14:42:20 »

Cant let you get away with this Whalley loving. Pook is a better player than Whalley now. Whalley has rightly been consigned to the dustbin.

Our midfield was too lightweight yesterday. Weston should play. But we need Evans back, he was a big performer for Wise.

My 1 criticism of Sturrock would be for someone so picky about his strikers, the 1s he has put on the park in the last month havnt done it for us at all. But I also know he's going to sort it out.
McLovin

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 14:49:55 »

I think we are about the same, but we seemed more effective at snatching the close games that we are now losing/drawing under Wise
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 14:51:33 »

Whilst I know Whalley is coming to the end of his career and is well past his best, but he has spent most of his career at a much higher level than Pook will ever achieve, so he must have something about him. I dont see why he cant still do a job in the 4th division.

Maybe Whalleys brain in Pooks body....hmmm  :|
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: