Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nicholas arrested  (Read 12704 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, February 9, 2007, 15:28:09 »

Quote from: "janaage"
So is driving essential to your job or not?  As if the ban didn't affect your day to day work surely, in this day and age, you'd have a good case for unfair dismissal?

Haven't got a clue about that sort of thing, just thinking aloud really.

Depends, if you get sent to jail you can't do your job regardless of what it is, so sacking is fair game.

Employers can also dismiss on the basis of offences being detrimental to the company image I think, basically bringing the company in to disrepute.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, February 9, 2007, 16:02:14 »

Understand that BobT, I just that I think that it would be worth challenging in the courts, if you did get sacked.  If you don't need to drive to carry out your duties what right does your employer have in sacking you.  Just think a test case wouldn't be too far away if it happened to the wrong bloke.   Image or no image?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, February 9, 2007, 16:10:09 »

usually contained within the terms of the employment contract (and that can be as whooly as a reference to company policy as per the handbook which then outlines how and why you can be sacked - gross misconduct for disrepute most likely and incapability for being locked up).

Not that it would probably apply here anyway.  Other than being caught with white powder around your nose footballers pretty much get reincarnated within a few months.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, February 9, 2007, 16:47:43 »

I'm more worried about his 'tranny' tendencies!

It's All Good..............
red macca

« Reply #79 on: Friday, February 9, 2007, 16:50:05 »

well i still maintain that it has a effect on his performance.if he is out til 5 in the morning then going to training then that explains why he is shit at set plays
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, February 9, 2007, 16:54:01 »

Quote from: "red macca"
well i still maintain that it has a effect on his performance.if he is out til 5 in the morning then going to training then that explains why he is shit at set plays

I think it's cos he's too busy rearranging his G string!

It's All Good..............
sonic youth

« Reply #81 on: Friday, February 9, 2007, 16:54:09 »

I don't believe his drinking has affected his performances at all, he's been playing well this season and problems in the past were due to his relationship with King.

If he was out drinking 5am the morning before training then it doesn't sit particularly well with me, but if he's training well enough to be in the team then it can't be too bad.

I don't drink at all and I'm hardly the figure of fitness  Cheesy
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, February 9, 2007, 17:57:41 »

Yes he may still be playing well, but he could play better. If i am out drinking the night before a game then my performance is generally not as good as when i have had a good nights kip and not drank.

Like i said a drink or 2 is fine, but constantly out on the piss till the early hours getting wrecked is not what a professional footballer should be doing.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, February 9, 2007, 18:23:08 »

Considering it has been stated that he only had a couple, I think people are being a bit harsh.

Okay he was stupid, I don't drink anything before I drive, but it's not like he was off his tits and endangering every other road user. Plenty of sober people had worse accidents in those conditions this week.

Not saying he was right, but calm down a bit!
richiestfc

« Reply #84 on: Friday, February 9, 2007, 18:52:26 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Michael Pook is a retard anyway.

gotta agree with you m8... fucking hate him
DMR

« Reply #85 on: Friday, February 9, 2007, 18:55:03 »

No-one has any idea how much he had to drink, it's just speculation surely?

He's been a bit of a twat but then we pretty much knew already Nicholas is clearly not the sharpest tool in the box.

A hefty fine and 2 years on the bus is punishment enough, it's not an issue for the club.

If he goes down though whose going to play LB  :shock:
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, February 9, 2007, 19:03:39 »

Think Nicho has pretty much thrown away his football career here....can't see Luggy offering another contract, I suppose someone like Accrington might be interested.
lebowski

« Reply #87 on: Friday, February 9, 2007, 19:05:10 »

am i imagining this or when we signed nicho did andy king say that he was quicker than michael owen?

michael owen with his crutches maybe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, February 9, 2007, 19:07:14 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
am i imagining this or when we signed nicho did andy king say that he was quicker than michael owen?

michael owen with his crutches maybe.

He scored better on bleep tests....not quite the same thing.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, February 9, 2007, 19:22:02 »

Quote from: "richiestfc"
Quote from: "Tails"
Michael Pook is a retard anyway.

gotta agree with you m8... fucking hate him

good day at work?  Cool

I don't hate him, I just think he's an arse, and at the very best an average footballer.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: