Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AFC Wimbledon deducted 18 points  (Read 3867 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 16:39:11 »

AFC Wimbledon have been deducted 18 points by the Ryman League Appeals Committee for fielding a player without international clearance.
The Dons have already been expelled from the FA Trophy for fielding Jermaine Darlington.

And they have now had points taken off for the 11 games in which the former Cardiff midfielder featured for them.

The Dons breached three league rules and were also fined £400 and the costs of the hearing.

The deduction dents AFC Wimbledon's hopes of gaining promotion to the Conference.

The Dons are currently fourth in the Ryman Premier division on 51 points, but will drop to 12th on 33 points.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 16:40:29 »

thats them fucked for another season then! i would love nothing more than to see them reach the football league!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 16:41:02 »

Shocking news.

Yoiu have to feel it's a temporary blip, they'll be back up where they belong soon enough.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 16:41:55 »

They won't break the rules again though will they!  Wink
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 16:50:21 »

Thats fuckin harsh! No mark league committee members trying to make a name for emselves........bastards! I hope they appeal.
Are west ham not in trouble for fielding an ineligible player in the fa cup?
Bury got the boot for the same thing did'nt they.

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 16:50:37 »

didnt another team, do this and get a small fine? is this the FA against Wimbledon again?

Rich Pullen

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 17:11:19 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
didnt another team, do this and get a small fine? is this the FA against Wimbledon again?

Altrincham got 18 points off for the same offence (I think).

Scarborough got in to a spot of bother too where they got a 10 point deduction.

I think people looking too far into this - AFC Wimbledon have breached and therefore must be punished. There's no conspiracy.

I hate Franchise - I want to see AFC Wimbledon do well - but they have to be given the same treatment despite how ludicrously harsh the fines and point deductions are.
manc red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 17:12:41 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"
They won't break the rules again though will they!  Wink

exactly, penalty cant be anything else can it or all the teams they played while he was playing would appeal individually.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 17:35:22 »

Fair play. Why should they be given special treatment, End of the day they are a football club like everyone else, Just because of who they are and what they came from means they shouldnt be given special treatment.
fatbury

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 19:40:29 »

Totally wrong .. they played a player who they thought didnt need international clearance as he came from a club playing in the English League ..

Not the first time the FA has got it wrong .. remember?

A fine and a 3 point deduction would be more appropriate - the Italians fixed matches and got less punishment (bar Juve that is)
Sussex

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 20:05:25 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Totally wrong .. they played a player who they thought didnt need international clearance as he came from a club playing in the English League ..

I.. I.. I.. agree with fatbury.

Didn't like doing it, but there, I've said it  Wink
fatbury

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 20:55:44 »

Ive decided to post more sensible postings ... oh shit thats buggered it!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 21:53:21 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazza"
Fair play. Why should they be given special treatment, End of the day they are a football club like everyone else, Just because of who they are and what they came from means they shouldnt be given special treatment.

But the point is that other clubs don't get treated like that, just the lower league/non-league sides. Anyone remember West Ham getting kicked out of the FA Cup when they fielded an ineligible player? No. Any chance of Chelsea getting points deducted when they broke the rules with illegal tapping up? No. One rule for the rich ....
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 08:29:09 »

that tit forgot he played for the scum in the earlier rounds didn't he

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 11:20:49 »

didn't leeds just get fined about a tenner for the same thing ?  although i suppose if you were to remove the points leeds won whilst fielding an illegible loan player it would be about, err, 0.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: