Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Please fuck off Gareth  (Read 13969 times)
Piemonte

« on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 11:26:57 »

Quote from: "Gareth Whalley"
OUT of favour Gareth Whalley admits he has “no idea” why Paul Sturrock has written off his County Ground career but insists he isn’t about to gamble on his family’s future.

With less than a week to sort out a new club, before the transfer window closes, Town’s midfielder revealed he is prepared to dig his heels in and sit out his remaining season and half contract, even if it means waving goodbye to his career.

Whalley, 33, was told by boss Sturrock he would not kick a ball for Town again and, despite believing he could still do a job for the League Two outfit, admits it is ‘highly unlikely’ the former Plymouth man would change his view.

Whalley revealed his agent was busy trying to find him a new club before the January window closes but, having missed a lot of the campaign through injury, the ex-Crewe midfielder concedes there has been a notable lack of suitors.

Town have already made an offer to pay off his contract but, deeming it ‘unsatisfactory, Whalley insisted he wasn’t about to leave himself unemployed with no other job to go to.

Whalley, pictured right, said: “I had a meeting with the boss soon after he arrived and he told me I didn’t have a future here.

“I have no idea why, but these things happen in football.

“Ideally I want to be playing and certainly it would be less than ideal for the club or myself if I had to see out the rest of my contract here without playing.

“I have to look after myself and my family and do what is best for us. I have a season and a half left and I don’t want to be walking into the job market.

“I am not about to just walk away from my job because it would be a massive gamble I am not prepared to take.”

Whalley arrived in Swindon in July 2005, having helped Wigan reach the Premier League the previous season, and made 27 appearances for the Robins the following campaign.

An ankle injury ruined his pre-season this time round, with surgery keeping him up until October and has only made two appearances in so far this term.

He played 65 minutes of the reserves’ defeat to Cardiff on Tuesday but concedes he is not expecting to get into Sturrock’s good books.

He said: “Ideally for everyone I need another club. But because of my injuries clubs seem reluctant to take me.

“They think I might need a few games to regain full fitness.

“I believe I could still do a job for Swindon but I can’t see that happening now.

“It is a frustrating time, but I wouldn’t say it is desperation just yet because of the time I do have left on my contract.”

OUT of favour Gareth Whalley admits he has “no idea” why Paul Sturrock has written off his County Ground career  - Its because you are shit mate. You stoll around passing sideways thinking this is good under the pretence that keeping simply possession is somehow a worthwhile contribution to a game. It isnt..

Town’s midfielder revealed he is prepared to dig his heels in and sit out his remaining season and half contract, even if it means waving goodbye to his career. - You fucking waster. be prepared to take some serious stick if that happens

Its fair to say that article pissed me off
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 11:29:32 »

:old:
Piemonte

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 11:30:55 »

Seriously though, what a money grabbing cunt with no professional pride whatsoever. He could be our Winston Bogarde..........
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 11:32:57 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Seriously though, what a money grabbing cunt with no professional pride whatsoever. He could be our Winston Bogarde..........

I agree, he should leave gracefully and he is just making himself look like a prize, giant turdy arsed, spaz monkey
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 11:39:38 »

Felt exactly the same Piemonte, what a joke this guy is he has done nothing for us so should do the decent thing and mutually terminate his contract.  Sadly hes a prime example of whats wrong with some present day footballers would rather sit around getting paid than actually playing football, makes you sick  :angry:
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 11:47:26 »

Lynch comes to mind....but on the otherhand who in their right mind wants to be unemployed?

A season and a half left on his contract though?!!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 11:53:27 »

I think hes acting perfectly properly he wont have earnt a fortune in his career and has the mortgage to paid for the next 1 1/2 years.

/
W56196272
Dazzza

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 11:55:02 »

I can see it from his point of view although why when we were dishing out watery one year contracts was the highest earner of the lot given the longest?

Probably to stave off the Grimsby interest at the time who were offering more wages but a shorter term deal.  

Doesn’t warm you to the chap much but I don’t see why we’re not going to utilise him as a body, at least make him earn some of that money and get himself in the shop window.  Someone with his experience even with a view to retirement should have something to offer to the squad.

migzy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 11:55:10 »

I think its difficult to criticise the quy - he is 33 and won't get another club so is within his rights to stay.

Who in their right mond would walk away from their job when they have a family to look after?

Its a very annoying situation but it is the club's fault for giving a player of his age such a long contract.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 11:57:16 »

As much as I'd lvoe him to go etc to free up money, you cant blame the guy for taking his money, He wont get another good contract again so...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 12:03:55 »

This criticism is well out of order. I would definitely do the same in his position. He's hardly a multi-millionaire is he? He's got a mortgage to pay and a family to look after the same as any other regular person.

What you happen to think of him as a player is irrelevant.

People seriously expect him to say "Oooooh, please tear up my contract, stop paying me, I don't want to be a burden!" FUCK THAT! Some people need to take off their Swindon Town goggles and take a look at the real world!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 12:07:21 »

Fuck that shit. He's a cunt!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 12:08:54 »

Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"
Fuck that shit. He's a cunt!

What a fabulous post.

Well done.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 12:08:54 »

If he doesn't get a transfer in Jan the club will need to offer him more than last time to pay off his contract.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 12:11:50 »

oh ok mr sturrock, you dont want me so i'll just tear up my contract and kiss goodbye to my due money.
fair play to him i say
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: