Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Are we changing our badge back  (Read 2807 times)
townfanupnorth

« on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 16:53:19 »

I have heard that we might be changing our badge back to the old one is this true? is it just a rumour or is it actually happening.

I like the old one but i think i prefer the newer one, only because it is more upto date and the old one looks ancient what are other peoples opinions?
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 16:59:59 »

the current badge is rubbish. proper, proper rubbish.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 17:04:21 »

It was one of the things that Mike Bowden suggested might be happening when he turned up unannounced at the last Trust meeting, and asked people's views on although he wasn't quite so keen to get our views on the running of the club, the way forward, the dog's breakfast they've made of various ground redevelopment proposals so far. But he did ask us about the badge. Which is nice.

Full meeting minutes on the Trust site at http://www.truststfc.co.uk/meeting_13_01_2007.php
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 17:05:11 »

I don't think the rumour is true...

And to be honest I'm not sure what I think on the matter. Whoever did the modern version of the old design on here did a good job....wouldn't mind something like that

But as I say I would be surprised to see it change at all
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 17:13:43 »

As PaulD says  this is the sort of standard ploy that Boards throw out tp try and deflect attention away from themselves.....reality is that its a bit of a debatable subject, insofar as the old coat of arms/loco badge....was a simple version of the town badge.

It was never used on shirts until introduced to celebrate winning Div 4 in 85/86.....and so only lasted a few more years until replaced by the current diamond badge..

If its tradition you want then there should be badgeless shirts.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 17:32:53 »

The board wont change teh badge as it will cost a consultancy fee, design company to do it, oh then again isnt this something that dunwoody could do for us?? for a fee of course.......

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 18:08:19 »

everyone liked the current badge up until a few years ago  :-))( so why is it a problem now? i don't really care what badge we have tbh. it makes fuck all difference to whether we are going to get 3 points or not
lebowski

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 18:12:55 »

:shock:

heretic.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 18:29:05 »

might be a genuine talking point if we didn't have more important issues right now...but anyway...as much as I prefer the old badge simply because it's got actual meaning (the robin, the train) the new one has it's own history now - Hoddle, the Play-off season under him, Wembley, The Premiership...Div 2 promotion...then, well - relegation (x4), administration (x2) and various spats with the board.

Diamond Leisure...remember them?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 18:35:34 »

I don't think they'll change the badge as the club were the first football club to trademark their current badge, so no-one could use it for commercial purposes without their permission, while if they were to revert back to the old ones, they couldn't do that.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 18:57:59 »

Quote from: "Rich"
everyone liked the current badge up until a few years ago  :-))( so why is it a problem now? i don't really care what badge we have tbh. it makes fuck all difference to whether we are going to get 3 points or not

As  I remember it a lot of people said it was shit and looked like somebodies school project when it was introduced.

It has kind of grown on me but I prefer the coat of arms style badge.
townfanupnorth

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 19:20:23 »

I'm not bothered if they change it or not, i quite like the current badge and don't think it needs to be changed.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 19:29:23 »

Unless the club make themselves clear over financial policy or even over potential takeover (i.e. whether they are/are not open to offers) I could not give a flying fuck over what badge we have.

Not trying to piss on anyone's bonfire, just my personal view.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 19:47:08 »

I think the club are looking to change the badge if/when we get a new stadium. I personally would love to see the old badge brought back however as mentioned above, It doesn't really matter.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 20:01:04 »

Is that a hint that the club are looking to move to J17 soon?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: