Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: All hail Shane Warne  (Read 5090 times)
Spud

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 4, 2007, 15:38:20 »

Good player, shame he's a cunt though.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 4, 2007, 15:57:37 »

Quote from: "larwood"
Great player,and absolute legend,but i as an long suffering England fan i will be pleased to see the back of him,maybe we might win a few more times against the convicts now he's gone.

I don't understand that mentality tbh.  That's like saying I can't wait til Maradona retires or Cruyff retires, or even Bobby Charlton, just because you don't support their teams.

I supported none of the above but would love it if there were players like them still around.

Like Don Bradman, Viv Richards....
Scot Munroe

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 4, 2007, 16:08:11 »

Its Glenn Mcgrath i don't like.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 4, 2007, 20:14:20 »

i hate them both. great players though. no denying that
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 4, 2007, 20:28:58 »

One of the great things about cricket....is that as its a long game, it gives lots of opportunities to savour and appreciate sporting opponents.

Warne is right up there...in the pantheon of greats...certainly the greatest spinner I've seen in 40+ years of watching televised tests....also a great sportsman in  the wider sense.

Nevertheless I'd still rate Garfield Sobers as the finest cricketer of the post war years

No time for McGrath though.
Esso #13

« Reply #20 on: Friday, January 5, 2007, 15:35:49 »

Quote from: "janaage"
He's a great character and a great player.  Who cars if he gets moody, Cantona used to get moody doesn't stop him from being a complete legend though.  They both just want to win.

Exactly, its the will to win that all great sportsmen and women have. He will be missed, but we don't mind as much cos do they have a real replacement spinner??
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, January 5, 2007, 16:33:16 »

Warne is the greatest player of my life time. I may hate the Aussies but he was a joy to watch thats for sure. A true legend!!
STFC Village

« Reply #22 on: Friday, January 5, 2007, 17:55:48 »

If you think Warnie's fat now, he'll be a fucking beached whale in a few years. Captain of Lashings CC in no time
DMR

« Reply #23 on: Friday, January 5, 2007, 20:07:30 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
If you think Warnie's fat now, he'll be a fucking beached whale in a few years. Captain of Lashings CC in no time

When we had Lashings in May they were all quite trim, we're getting them again in 2 years so Warne would be outrageously ace.

I disagree he's a cheat or a cunt, just because all our lot lack street-fighterness and personality doesn't mean Warne or McGrath are wankers.

Legends.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 11, 2007, 15:32:27 »

mcgrath is a dead set cunt though
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: