Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The winter is coming...  (Read 1627 times)
Bartek

« on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 18:31:41 »

Hey guys !
I always admired English football , because you play even it's damm cold outside , snowing everywhere and so on...
Does Swindon Town F.C. have a under-soil heating ?
If so , all ground is 'covered' by this or only a pitch ?
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 18:33:22 »

yeah we have under-soil heating and a roof on our stadium that covers the pitch like ajax when it rains and snows
Bartek

« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 18:36:52 »

yeah we have under-soil heating and a roof on our stadium that covers the pitch like ajax when it rains and snows

Seriously ?  Soapy Tit Wank
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 18:37:26 »

yeah its really nice
stfc_steve

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 18:37:59 »

dont bullshit, no bartek we dont we have not got the money to, the council wont even give us land to build a new stadium. Bloody council  :evil:
Bartek

« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 18:38:15 »

photo please
I don't believe
STFC Village

« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 18:41:36 »

Only Premiership teams (and a few Championship sides) can afford it. To be honest, our winters are alot milder these days (thanks global warming), so comparatively few matches get postponed
Bartek

« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 18:43:27 »

I could believe in under-soil heating under the pitch , but about the roof I know he was a lier

Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 18:49:38 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Only Premiership teams (and a few Championship sides) can afford it. To be honest, our winters are alot milder these days (thanks global warming), so comparatively few matches get postponed

We haven't had a lengthy cold spell for probably 20 years.....the last one being 85/85 season when between Jan and March we didn't play a single home league game,  6 away games on the spin and won the lot  Cool

In classic STFC stylee....one of the directors who was also a farmer...(name escapes me for now).....was charging the club some thousands of pounds for straw to be laid on the pitch to try and keep the frost out.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 19:23:38 »

didn't they put something under the pitch a few years back to try and stop games being called off?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 23:16:08 »

I seem to remember Bayern Munich being one of the first teams to have under soil heating at a training ground. Fuck knows where I found that out and if it is true.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 23:17:57 »

Quote from: "Rich"
didn't they put something under the pitch a few years back to try and stop games being called off?

Not from frost...drainage...yes sort of.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: