Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: an open note to the trust.....  (Read 4212 times)
STFCere

Ignore
« on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 11:26:26 »

firstly congratulations on such a successful period, and i really hope that the takeover goes ahead as these bunch of muppets have had their time, they proved their worth= nothing.

just a few suggestions....

on the trust website i think it would be a good idea to have a current membership figure, like you do with cash raised so far. for me, this would show just how strong the trust is, and possibly have some targets in place for membership and some sort of 'quantification' of power at each membership level.

secondly, it doesnt seem like the cash raised figure has moved for a while? it would be nice to see how much has been raised to see if things are really working.

finally, im still sitting on the fence on this issue. im still not convinced as to the uselfulness of the trust. if any takeover bid goes through it will be based on financial clout only, and realistically the only avenue that will ever come from is mr power. if the board consider the bid, the trust wont be a factor in the decision

am i right in saying trust membership is somewhere at the 700 mark? if this is true, it only represents about 10-12% of the 'hardcore' of our support. im my opinion, this doesnt make a very bold statement.

im sorry to appear negative on this one, but more needs to be done to convince me on the strength of the trust.

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 11:33:30 »

I for one have come to realise that the Trust wants to work as part of the club, not necessarily take it over because obviously the Trust alone do not have the financial clout, unless one of us wins the Lotto or something.

Quote from: "pauld"
we're up to 760+

I'm still not overly confident if the Trust will achieve anything, but it's a pound to join for a year and if you decide at some stage that you really don't want to be part of it you've only lost a pound (and the Trust have only gained one). I think the more significant matter at the moment is the number of people on board, not the money raised from sign ups.

And 10-12% of our 'hardcore' support is clearly not 760  :grin:
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 11:42:57 »

Quote from: "STFCere"
firstly congratulations on such a successful period, and i really hope that the takeover goes ahead as these bunch of muppets have had their time, they proved their worth= nothing.

just a few suggestions....

on the trust website i think it would be a good idea to have a current membership figure, like you do with cash raised so far. for me, this would show just how strong the trust is, and possibly have some targets in place for membership and some sort of 'quantification' of power at each membership level.

secondly, it doesnt seem like the cash raised figure has moved for a while? it would be nice to see how much has been raised to see if things are really working.

finally, im still sitting on the fence on this issue. im still not convinced as to the uselfulness of the trust. if any takeover bid goes through it will be based on financial clout only, and realistically the only avenue that will ever come from is mr power. if the board consider the bid, the trust wont be a factor in the decision

am i right in saying trust membership is somewhere at the 700 mark? if this is true, it only represents about 10-12% of the 'hardcore' of our support. im my opinion, this doesnt make a very bold statement.

im sorry to appear negative on this one, but more needs to be done to convince me on the strength of the trust.

Fair comments in all honesty and a few good ideas.

Si Pi  has a valid point, the Trust is a representative body for the fans, and therefor needs to be.

Whilst you say that 760 on a % ratio is not representative, if you consider that 3/4 months ago we stood at a membership base of 250, then I think that we are becoming increasingly difficult to ignore.

Whilst I take your comments on board and respect them, can I suggest that you maybe give up a little of your time and come along to the Trust meeting on Monday night and meet the board and the members, and listen to what we are trying to acheive and then make a judgement.

It would be really good to see you
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 11:43:01 »

soapy tit wank fair point about the 'hardcore' support.  Soapy Tit Wank , i ment average attendance!

ive got another idea has the trust considered contacting former players etc to add some celebrity status to the trust? eg people like macari, hoddle, ardiles, rogers, taylor, calderwood etc etc just having them as members IMO would significantly raise the profile of the trust.

let me make it very clear im not discrediting the efforts of the trust, i just think their role in any potential takeover will be minimal.

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 11:44:21 »

soapy tit wank fair point about the 'hardcore' support.  Soapy Tit Wank , i ment average attendance!

ive got another idea has the trust considered contacting former players etc to add some celebrity status to the trust? eg people like macari, hoddle, ardiles, rogers, taylor, calderwood etc etc just having them as members IMO would significantly raise the profile of the trust.

let me make it very clear im not discrediting the efforts of the trust, i just think their role in any potential takeover will be minimal.

That's a good shout.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 11:45:28 »

Watch this space  Wink
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 11:46:26 »

Ooooh Fred you big tease  Wink
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 11:46:27 »

sorry, i live far from swindon so coming along isnt really possible. i challenge you to bolster the website, give me more information, let me know what difference the trust can make, etc etc. remember that the website is for me and like many others the only source of information on the trust, and at the moment its not really upto much. i hope this critcism is constructive rather than damming!

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 11:52:13 »

sorry, i live far from swindon so coming along isnt really possible. i challenge you to bolster the website, give me more information, let me know what difference the trust can make, etc etc. remember that the website is for me and like many others the only source of information on the trust, and at the moment its not really upto much. i hope this critcism is constructive rather than damming!

Constructive critisism as this can only be a good thing.

We will very shortly be re introducing the regular newsletter that will initially go out to members, but I see no issue with it also being posted on the website (of course this will be dependant on the ok from the members)

I note that you do not live in the borough. If you go on to our website and look at the minutes from the last meeting you will note that we intend to start holding meetings outside of the borough, were pockets of fans/members live, perhaps you could come along to one being held near to your area.

We are also holding a meeting before the Wrexham game on 13th Jan for similar reasons
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 12:08:46 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"

Constructive critisism as this can only be a good thing.

We will very shortly be re introducing the regular newsletter that will initially go out to members, but I see no issue with it also being posted on the website (of course this will be dependant on the ok from the members)

I note that you do not live in the borough. If you go on to our website and look at the minutes from the last meeting you will note that we intend to start holding meetings outside of the borough, were pockets of fans/members live, perhaps you could come along to one being held near to your area.

We are also holding a meeting before the Wrexham game on 13th Jan for similar reasons
[/b]

I'll be at that one Fred!!

It's All Good..............
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 12:10:55 »

Beers
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 12:15:33 »

How long's this meeting on monday going to last? I can't hang around for long as I have an exam the next day. The temptation of drinking will be too hard to resist if I stay in a pub for too long.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 12:18:52 »

Soapy Tit Wank

Usually get done by 9/9.30 SiPi

Then    Beers  Beers
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 12:20:51 »

Meh, think I might have to give it a miss, the temptation to drink will be all too great
flammableBen

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 12:21:35 »

I wasn't going to go drinking on monday and now I am. Go trust meetings!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: