Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CVA Payment  (Read 22859 times)
Piemonte

« Reply #120 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:08:38 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Quote from: "Piemonte"
I fully intend to buy some shares through the new issue and would encourage everybody else, especially trust memebrs to do so as well.  

It is a prime opportunity to achieve one of the trusts main goals - increase the shareholding in the club and get a seat on the board.

I'd be very careful about going down that route Piemonte until we see what the terms of the rights issue are - for example, quite often these kind of schemes actually serve mainly to dilute the existing shares, rather than to increase representation. And I'd be extremely concerned at the present time at recommending to fans that they should hand over any money to the current regime, certainly until we know in very great detail what the terms of any rights issue are.

Fair point, it remains to be seen if they are "B" shares with no voting rights or whatever, in which case they are both worthless and pointless.
flammableBen

« Reply #121 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:08:51 »

I'm gonna make a big fat pot of tea and give all this some thought. Whilst I'm doing that. If it turned out the current board had knowingly been untruthful at an AGM, could the other share holders take any legal action to force them off the board / release accounts or something?
Sharky

« Reply #122 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:13:26 »

Now I know that we should not be dodging the CVA and I dont incourage such an action but does this not make you slightly more content with the efforts being made?

http://www.thetownend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16256&highlight=
TalkTalk

« Reply #123 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:22:51 »

Quote from: "Sharky"
Now I know that we should not be dodging the CVA and I dont incourage such an action but does this not make you slightly more content with the efforts being made?

No.

It's horseshit.

You do work for/with the club, don't you.
lambourn red

« Reply #124 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:23:16 »

http://www.thetownend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16256&highlight=

No one is denying that they are trying to sort things out and I am sure they will achieve a succesfull outcome, it is the blatant lies that are told at AGM's and fans forums that has upset so many people.We were told that the CVA payments had been made and that although there was going to be an overspend this would not affect our ability to pay the CVA.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:25:02 »

not to mention it's the last type of payment we should be playing with.  Even if Hacker Young are in agreement they still have to check with the creditors and any one of them could have decided to pull the plug on us.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:25:33 »

Dear Mr. Honda,

Dont suppose you fancy buying a football club do you? I know a nice small club who play in red and white that would match your corporate colours nicely.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Sharky

« Reply #127 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:26:02 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"

No.

It's horseshit.

You do work for/with the club, don't you.

Honestly talktalk, I really do not work for the club - I just seem to have a slightly different outlook on the situation.

if in the near future I could help the club by working for them, I would jump straight in their, but at present I do not work for them.

I am however doing all I can to help the current board regardless of whether i believe what they are doing is right or wrong as at present helping them seems to be the only viable option to save the club until a different regime can take the reigns.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:30:34 »

More here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/6180852.stm

They're going ask Seton Wills for more cash. What a surprise.

If it weren't for this bloke bailing us out every so often ...
Sharky

« Reply #129 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:37:33 »

Quote from: "Chris K"
More here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/6180852.stm

They're going ask Seton Wills for more cash. What a surprise.

If it weren't for this bloke bailing us out every so often ...

The wills do not get enough credit for what they have done already, they really dont.

if they bails us out again, I will be personally writing to them with my thanks and gratitude for their continued help.

I may also place some sort of suggestions in there regards to should not have to do this etc etc. and they should perhaps think about shuffling the staff around a bit etc etc  but the main will be a big thank you for sure!!
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:39:00 »

The trouble is they can ask but will Seton Wills come to the rescue again?
TalkTalk

« Reply #131 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:39:53 »

they should perhaps think about shuffling the staff around a bit etc etc

Shuffling the staff around a bit???

You really don't have any idea, do you?

I give up.
TalkTalk

« Reply #132 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:40:44 »

I thought he was clean out of assets to mortgage...
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:43:40 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"

I thought he was clean out of assets to mortgage...

If that's true then this board is fucked. I'm not going to say the club because, well, it'll always survive in one form or another. If Wills has run out of cash then God help Carson, Gray and Diamandis.

Paul D ... I'm on official red alert panic status now. I can hear fuck off loud sirens going off and those red flashing lights too.

Help.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:45:33 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Quote from: "Piemonte"
I fully intend to buy some shares through the new issue and would encourage everybody else, especially trust memebrs to do so as well.  

It is a prime opportunity to achieve one of the trusts main goals - increase the shareholding in the club and get a seat on the board.

I'd be very careful about going down that route Piemonte until we see what the terms of the rights issue are - for example, quite often these kind of schemes actually serve mainly to dilute the existing shares, rather than to increase representation. And I'd be extremely concerned at the present time at recommending to fans that they should hand over any money to the current regime, certainly until we know in very great detail what the terms of any rights issue are.

Whilst repecting Monte's way of thinking.....it seems to me that investing in the holding co's share issue would simply be a way of buttressing the current regime.....this is exactly what happened at previous share issues, whether it was intended or not.   So ultimately although th eshares could be handed over to the Trust, they still would be so few in   number to make any real difference.....far better to show there is absolutely no faith in the present regime, by having nothing to do with it or its schemes and build up the fans  consortium as a vciable option.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: