Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sturrocks next "victim"  (Read 7269 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 17:37:35 »

maybe under dennis wise, but Sturrock might not fancy Nicholas as a centre back and shift him out as a left back....meaning we've only really got two first team centre backs...meaing there it room for CCP...and Leigh "Thierry" Henry
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 17:45:00 »

Quote from: "DV85"
the next victim will be Ricky Shakes.

I reckon he will at least give Whalley some more game time

The Sturrock comment about him not being able to score even if the goal was as wide as the pitch does not bode well for the Shakemeister I suspect!
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 17:49:21 »

Shakes will be gone I expect. Brown could also be gone, Whalley could be a older head but again is Injured. Lonergans loan wont be extended I feel, He hasnt impressed me in the least little bit.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 17:52:24 »

at half time sturrock threw him his car keys and told him to bugger off back to Preston.....he dropped the keys though and hasnt been able to find them since
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 17:53:28 »

BOOM! BOOM!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 17:54:17 »

it was a shit joke, but so is Lonergan and I do worry that having him start is written into the loan deal
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 17:55:27 »

Shame is Lonergan will play Saturday as per his loan deal  :x When does it end? I feel a lot safer with Smith in goal. Even Jonathan Stewart wasnt THAT bad.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 18:53:30 »

I've got a feeling Sturrock will do as he sees fit. If he thinks Smith should play then he will play him and Donnergan will go from whence he came.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 19:31:51 »

i expect lonergan to be sent home
Ben-STFC

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 19:50:29 »

Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"
Ben, how many games have you been to this season? Jack Smith is ace!

Only missed the Accrington game.
  Like i said its my opinion at the end of the day i just don't think people give Brown enough credit for what he does. Smith i feel is one of the slowest players at the club, but he is good defensively when in the right position. This may be because he has to do alot of work to cover the right flank
(no good right winger at the club - i would try Monkey out their personaly.) I rate Whalley, looks very good on the ball, has good distribution around the pitch, and would be very good in this league.
sonic youth

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 19:59:26 »

smith? slowest player at the club?

oh my.
rockincockinrobin

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 21:11:00 »

I think Lonergan will be sent back to preston, i think Sturrock will get rid of these players between now and the end of the season:- Shakes, Brownlie, Brown, Pook, Gurney and Whalley.

Personally i would keep Caton, Stroud, Wells, Comyn-Platt.

I think Sturrock will keep Roberts and Peacock and also he will bring in another striker and a right winger and maybe even a central midfielder.

Williams, Evans, Ifil, J.Smith and Weston are the best players at the club in my opinion, Sturrock should offer Weston a new contract asap before he goes to Leeds with the midget.

I could possibly see Marino Keith, Steve Adams, Romain Larrieu, Mickey Evans coming here.

Would love to see David Friio come out of retirement to play here, he is a very good player and scored loads at plymouth despite being a midfielder!!!!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 21:18:59 »

I dont see why he'd want to make so many changes. We got were we are with this squad, i dont see any reason to have a complete makeover. Few chnages here and there, but not get rid of half our squad.

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 21:40:12 »

Quote from: "Ben-STFC"
Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"
Ben, how many games have you been to this season? Jack Smith is ace!

Only missed the Accrington game.
  Like i said its my opinion at the end of the day i just don't think people give Brown enough credit for what he does. Smith i feel is one of the slowest players at the club, but he is good defensively when in the right position. This may be because he has to do alot of work to cover the right flank
(no good right winger at the club - i would try Monkey out their personaly.) I rate Whalley, looks very good on the ball, has good distribution around the pitch, and would be very good in this league.

are you blind?
red macca

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 22:38:54 »

everyone keeps saying shakes,he works hard does the simple things well and gets up and down BUT cannot cross for shit or shoot.however i think these things can be worked on and its worth trying to improve him.weston has to play in the centre for me so we dont really have anyone else who can go on the right anyway.Imo shakes is good enough for this league and we have managed to get into 4th with him,we would have been higher but the reason we are not is down to our strikers poor finishing not just shakes hence the reason i think we will get a new striker in before anything else
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: