Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Seasonal comparison with 21 games played  (Read 3566 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Sunday, December 12, 2004, 12:48:21 »

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/option30/comparison.png

At the same point last season, we were in 13th position and I recall people calling for King's head at the time as many are doing currently. In fact, our home form is improved this season and our away form is worse courtesy of one more loss than win compared to last season. If memory serves me correctly, after the disaster of Rushden away we went on an eleven game unbeaten run culminating in an away loss at eventual champions Plymouth. What's to say we won't do this again?

I think some people are looking back on last season with a selective memory. Or they're just stupid. It wasn't all roses last season and we went on two dodgy runs, around this time last season and towards the end we got a little shakey as well. The league is even tighter this season and if we can get a run of form together and even go on an unbeaten run, we could fly up the league. It's not all doom and gloom.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 12, 2004, 13:29:41 »

I certainly remember the bleak start to winter - we had a stinking run there.

Let's just hope that we can spark at some point over Christmas and go on another run.  If we don't, there will be all hell to pay!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 12, 2004, 17:51:20 »

The point is we need a decent run (of more than 5 matches). At the moment with injuries/bans I can't see us gaining consistency  Crying
Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 12, 2004, 20:08:36 »

Strangely though that was that year this is year, last's doesn't mean fuck all
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 12, 2004, 20:13:50 »

Last season we didn't expect to achieve, and we had a new bunch of lads learning to play together still.

BUT.... He also brought in Fallon last year and we improved after a barren run, as competition for the goal scorers improved us. Roberts is the same.

We went on a poor run, but we'd had tough fixtures at this time- the same can be said now, for after Crimbo it looks a bit easier IMO.

Theres just a couple, but I've actually convinced myself in writing this that there are alot of parallels between now and last year- lets keep faith for a little longer.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 12, 2004, 22:13:37 »

its only december and remember, most teams forms after christmas changes, like ours did when we were top of the 1st division and ended up 17th!?
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 12, 2004, 22:14:38 »

Quote from: "Johno"
its only december and remember, most teams forms after christmas changes, like ours did when we were top of the 1st division and ended up 17th!?

Nah that was wayne allison departing....changed our season  :shock:

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: