Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise - New Ground  (Read 2738 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 15:59:00 »

Even though they're possibly going down and have a fan base of about 4,000 they've just started working on their new 30,000 all seater stadium.  Seems like they'll be the new Hull given a few years.   Gonna be ready in 18 months or so.  Lucky bastards.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 16:22:37 »

Yeah, heard on local radio (Horizon 103.3) this morning that today was the day they are starting work - so I quickly changed the station!

They were having some feature, and making a big deal of it.

Working in MK, and having been to Uni in Hull I can confirm that the Dons are never gonna be as big as Hull.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 16:29:11 »

They must be fairly optimistic about it all though, why build a 30,000 stadium if they don't think they'll get the support?  Unless they're gonna be the English equivalent of Queens Park, who play at Hampden and get crowds of around 2,000.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 16:35:19 »

Well MK is much like Swindon in that the population are usually all from elsewhere and have moved so that they can commute to London in about 40 minutes.

The ammenities in MK are also very good for families, so we have a large number of professionals with young families move in, so they can get to work, and make sure the kids have something to do.

I cant see these people taking the club to heart.  I think they're also lopping the basketball team on the side too - not too sure about that though.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 16:48:53 »

why!? get them more money i guess in the long term..... guess they're upgrading other facilities too, or including other facilities!?
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 16:55:17 »

Well the basketball team play at a scanky leisure centre in Chav central, so they probably just wanted to move.
Man of Steel

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 17:40:20 »

I absolutely hate those cunts. I hope they go down and go out of business. They are a fucking disgrace to football, with their fake fans, and all their pathetic "I've supported them for years" bullshit.

I hope they get a new stadium and no one goes. I also hope they finally realise they have no rivals, no roots, no mates and no fucking right to play football.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 18:43:58 »

im going to MK Dongs. its gunna be great.  Tongue
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, February 18, 2005, 11:24:38 »

The biggest conference stadium??

At least AFC Wimbledon will fill it when they play each other in a few years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: