Poll
Question: Who will score the most goals?  (Voting closed: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 17:12:35)
Lee Peacock - 7 (17.1%)
Christian Roberts - 7 (17.1%)
Royce Brownlie - 12 (29.3%)
Fola Onibuje - 2 (4.9%)
Lukas Jutkiewicz - 0 (0%)
Andy Caton - 1 (2.4%)
Other...its about time our manager tried a center back up front again isnt it?? - 12 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Which striker will score the most goals this season?  (Read 4003 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 17:12:35 »

I dont think our strikers score enough goals, seen as a thread detailing this has never been posted before. Id like your opinion, especially STFC_Bart as I really dont know what he thinks of the issue..

Anyways, in reality we arent scoring enough goals and killing teams off today was a prime example. I think some of the critism of the strikers was undeserved in the past because we werent creating the chances for them...but today we did. Peacock had two chances he should have scored and Roberts even went round the keeper and still proceeded to miss. That should of been 3/4-0 and game over at half time

Something has to change, we all know that....but the question is what exactly? we are not going to be signing any new strikers and I very much doubt we have the finances to bring in any loan. Plus Wise interviews make it very clear he'd rather try and improve what he's got rather than look for a short term stop gap.

So, which striker do you think is our best finisher? which one do you think will score the most goals and which partnership do you think would be our best?

Personally, I think its time Jutkiewicz had a run in the team, although he hasnt even scored a professional goal he was playing well towards the end of last season and despite the fact he wasnt scoring his head never seemed to drop and he didnt pick and chose when to run unlike certain strikers.....
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 17:20:05 »

I think its about time Brownlie had a go up front, he played there against Ciren in preseason and scored a hattrick in about 20 minutes (admittedly against a poor side). His finishing this season from what I've seen, Wrexham aside, has been good and he definately isn't a winger. Give him a few games, can't do much worse than anybody else has.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 17:20:32 »

caton if he gets given a go

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
mr ian

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 17:28:27 »

at this present time i find it hard to see any of them reaching anywhere close to 20goals
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 18:16:00 »

Own goals are surely in with a decent shout  Cheesy
DMR

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, September 30, 2006, 18:43:08 »

Brownlie if plays as one. No need for Lukas yet, give Fola- whose caused teams problems- and Brownlie- whose not a winger- a go.

I think Peacock and Roberts will be paying for their own holidays.
my-velocity

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 1, 2006, 07:55:51 »

Brownlie, he can score alot i think and seeing he's going for 20 this season he'll want to be played and score on a regular bases. It's possible.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 1, 2006, 08:59:22 »

Brownlie for me
Red Len

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 1, 2006, 10:49:03 »

Aye, Royce for me too. From what I've seen he could be a good foil for Peacock. Reasonable touch & pace, crackin shot, good vision and seems to have that selfish streak a decent striker needs.
Not sure Fola offers enough to the team over 90 mins or has the ability to plunder that many goals, useful as a super sub, energetic, lifts the team, etc. Roberts switched to the right where he can use his pace to get at full backs, if he can be arsed that is. Would also like to see a bit more of Lukas, could be a bit handy, but more likely to be one for the future.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 1, 2006, 11:23:08 »

If Brownlie is played up top where he wants to play then he will score goals. As was apparent from pre-season, he's probably the most natural finisher in the squad and he knows where the goal is.

My feeling lately is that Peacock doesn't actually bring anything to the team, he just runs about a bit and gives away countless fouls and offsides.

Roberts is still a good player, he just sometimes doesn't read the situation properly. Like yesterday for example, he'd beaten the keeper but then tried to shoot straight away when he was at too tight an angle and had yards of space in front of him. If he had a bit of a brain he'd be lethal.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 1, 2006, 12:37:04 »

I voted for Roberts. He probably won't get much more than 14 or 15, but neither will anybody else
cavpete

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, October 1, 2006, 12:47:05 »

I think peacock he reminds me of the work load that fjotoft use to put in and got nothing in return. Then gets a couple of goals then bang 23 goals in as many games etc. Nice to have a striker who can score 20+ nice to have two of em at least we have people in midfield and the back that arn't affraid to score or have a shot. B4 they got the ball and paniked. Roberts don't know, what i have seen he is a roller coaster player one min up the next down. if i was offered a holiday just by scoring 20 goals that's 1 every other game not inc cup I would be biting everyones hands off for the ball...

TalkTalk

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 1, 2006, 13:19:54 »

Quote from: "cavpete"
i think peacock he reminds me of the work load that fjotoft use to put in and got nothing in return then gets a couple of goals then bang 23 goals in as many games etc. nice to have a striker who can score 20+ nice to have two of em at least we have people in midfield and the back that arnt affraid to score or have a shot b4 they got the ball and paniked roberts dont know what i have seen he is a roller coaster player one min up the next down. if i was offered a holiday just by scoring 20 goals that 1 every other game not inc cup would be biting everyones hands off for the ball...

Are the full stop, comma and Caps Lock keys fucked on your keyboard by any chance?
cavpete

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, October 1, 2006, 13:24:14 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"
Quote from: "cavpete"
i think peacock he reminds me of the work load that fjotoft use to put in and got nothing in return then gets a couple of goals then bang 23 goals in as many games etc. nice to have a striker who can score 20+ nice to have two of em at least we have people in midfield and the back that arnt affraid to score or have a shot b4 they got the ball and paniked roberts dont know what i have seen he is a roller coaster player one min up the next down. if i was offered a holiday just by scoring 20 goals that 1 every other game not inc cup would be biting everyones hands off for the ball...

Are the full stop, comma and Caps Lock keys fucked on your keyboard by any chance?

Is that a little bit better I am sorry for the incorrect grammer :twak:

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, October 1, 2006, 13:34:55 »

even more ironic in light of your signature
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: