Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ECB Contracts 12 month contracts  (Read 2044 times)
Scot Munroe

« on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 13:29:24 »

Michael Vaughan and Simon Jones have been awarded new 12-month central contracts despite missing this winter's Ashes series because of knee injuries.

Neither Vaughan nor Jones played for England this summer, but both are in an expanded list of 13 names.

Monty Panesar and Alastair Cook have been rewarded for what chairman of selectors David Graveney described as their "excellent progress".

The only man dropped from last year's list of 12 is keeper Geraint Jones.

England's contracted players: I Bell, P Collingwood, A Cook, A Giles, A Flintoff, S Harmison, M Hoggard, S Jones, K Pietersen, M Panesar, A Strauss, M Trescothick, M Vaughan.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 13:34:53 »

what a waste of money by having Vaughan and Jones on the ECB's books. its clear they wont play much so whats the point? on the plus side its good to see Monty and Cook get one  Cheesy
Spud

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 14:49:51 »

I don't understand the thinking of Jones?, i cant see him playing Cricket again at this rate.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 14:55:40 »

Simon jones seems an odd choice. one major worry, wheres caddick contract?
Northern Red

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 15:45:37 »

No contracted England wicket-keeper - worrying isn't it?
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 16:14:17 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
No contracted England wicket-keeper - worrying isn't it?

not really. i suggests that they don't see read as the long term solution (well fletcher never has), obviously can't pick jones ahead for a contract and not read as that would undermine the current incumbent.

it might even suggest that as of next summer they will go in a new direction of prior, davies or mustard
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 18:37:49 »

basically they can't make their minds up between Jones and Read so they have given them both the winter to prove themselves
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: