Poll
Question: What is your general feeling towards Andy King management of STFC?  (Voting closed: Monday, December 6, 2004, 14:59:30)
What a legend, I hope he never leaves! - 4 (11.8%)
He's pretty good, best manager in division 2 - 4 (11.8%)
So-so, best we're going to get in this division - 17 (50%)
Pretty poor - should be in the playoffs with the team we have - 6 (17.6%)
Bloody crap - get that goon out now - 3 (8.8%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andy King is a Legend  (Read 5119 times)
Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, December 12, 2004, 22:27:20 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Wenger can't motivate players as shown by Arsenal's recent run of just one win in ten games. With a squad such as Arsenal's that's pathetic. If Wenger wants to come I say keep King and tell Wenger to fuck off, If Mourinho wants to come then maybe we can sort something out.

u really do know fuck all
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, December 12, 2004, 23:36:11 »

Quote from: "Reeves4manager"
Wenger can't motivate players as shown by Arsenal's recent run of just one win in ten games. With a squad such as Arsenal's that's pathetic. If Wenger wants to come I say keep King and tell Wenger to fuck off, If Mourinho wants to come then maybe we can sort something out.

Tongue
Wasn't being entirely serious there. Just highlighting the fact that even the best managers aren't perfect. People claim that King can't motivate players when we're going through a bad patch, I was just applying the same logic to Wenger, in both cases it's bollocks.
Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 22:56:00 »

Quote from: "Reeves4manager"

Tongue
Wasn't being entirely serious there. Just highlighting the fact that even the best managers aren't perfect. People claim that King can't motivate players when we're going through a bad patch, I was just applying the same logic to Wenger, in both cases it's bollocks.

peace restored i rule you suck
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 18:50:10 »

I can't really understand why when this topic was started walrus was really pro king and then since then we've got 19 points from our last 10 games, which is almost automatic promotion form and now he's all King is a cunt, get him out.

What's that about hey?
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 19:09:28 »

I can't really understand why when this topic was started walrus was really pro king and then since then we've got 19 points from our last 10 games, which is almost automatic promotion form and now he's all King is a cunt, get him out.

What's that about hey?

Look, have a pop at people who are anti-King in general but when you go personal that's unfair.  You have also done what is called non-contextual literalism, which is a tactic the KKK use to show the Bible as justifying racism.

I maintain King is a legend.  He has done a fantastic job for Swindon, and till this point I have always been fairly behind him.  However, the slip we have endured this season is poor.  If we make the playoffs this season, its satisfactory to a degree, but really we should have been knocking on the door of automatic this season rather than playoffs with a squad of our quality.

I do not want to repeat arguments I've put in other posts, but basically this season has not been good enough for the squad we have.  Yes King has done a great job for the club - I'm probably different to many King-haters as I believe he's a good bloke who's done well - but the continuous knock-backs and poor, abysmal runs of form mean we are unlikely to ever reach the championship under his guidance.

My stance has changed since we lay 14th in the league with the squad of our quality.  People think we're out the woods now, but if you examine the league table, Bournemouth are certs to jump above us (we have to beat them at the CG) and Hartlepool and Brentford will be long once they've played their games in hand.  Playoffs looks distant still to me, and this isn't good enough.

In conclusion:  King = good man, done a good job for the club, but now needs to be quietly alleviated from his position and someone more capable of dragging this club into the championship to replace him.

Swindon Town FC 0 - 3 Colchester says it all for me really.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 19:22:50 »

I'm not having a personal attack at you, I just honestly couldn't really understand it. Just wondering what what your reasons were.

I don't think we've done that badly this season all things considered, if King had been allowed to bring in the players he wanted in the summer then we might have got going a bit sooner but I don't think it's been disastrous by a long way.

I think the league is harder this season as a few teams have improved, we've done alright just been hit by a few setbacks, financial problems and injuries but are now starting to show a bit more form. Just hope it continues.

To sack king at this stage in the season and in this position would rank alongside some of the most bizarre sackings ever anyway. If anyone can get us to the championship with our finances it'll be King.

Shouldn't underestimate how difficult a task that is though, doubt many managers would manage it and especially not any that we're likely to get.

And sure I quoted you out of context but every single time king says something he gets the same. It's not just the kkk who do that.
Melksham Red

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 19:31:57 »

I've gone for So So. Would have went for option two but the best manager in division 2 bit put me off. He's certainly in the top 6.
We're looking good now and that is down to King. If you slag him for the team playing shit you have to praise him when we're doing well.
The players look like they have some belief now and that has to be down to King.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 21:08:53 »

So-So. He's completely transformed the team to a strong league 1 outfit, and we are looking like a top 6 side at the moment. Not sure how he would cope if we were to go up. We'll just have to wait and see!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: