Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Breaking news......  (Read 5630 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 08:40:32 »

.......apparently there was a Board meeting last night, at which it was agreed to back Kings plans for changes at the club.......this could involve staff or players or both.......such is their faith in King that his contract will roll on.

Hadwin suggested that an announcement will come later in the week, and did nothing to dampen Harford speculation.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 09:00:04 »

My Mates dad is the masseur at the club and deals with all the players....the rumour is that Mick Harford is on his way, and its unsettling a lot of the staff.

It seems as if half the squad now don't have any faith in AK.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Melksham Red

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 09:07:50 »

I see this if it comes off as a master stroke. We get to keep Kingy's scouting ability and have a top notch coach whipping those underachieving players into shape. Can only be good. Harford will get them fit and organised.

And to all tose King haters out there, who's making all this happen ? ..... Andy King. He's not that daft is he.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 09:09:11 »

oooooooooooooh whatta way to start the morning.  Any news when the news will go public?
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 09:16:46 »

Have to agree this would be quality.
Get rid of useless twat walsh and bring in Harford to, as Melksham said
whipping those underachieving players into shape

i think this pairing would be class. King for his scouting and bringing quality players into the club and Harford to sort the tactics out.

Could start a song like Harry and Jim but Harford and King Tongue

No...........................i'll get me coat

santini

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 09:20:03 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"
I see this if it comes off as a master stroke. We get to keep Kingy's scouting ability and have a top notch coach whipping those underachieving players into shape. Can only be good. Harford will get them fit and organised.

And to all tose King haters out there, who's making all this happen ? ..... Andy King. He's not that daft is he.

Don't be so naive. He's been under pressure to stand aside for days and would be forced upstairs by now if Harford was around to accept.
Piemonte

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 09:22:55 »

Cant be anything but good news.

Harford is a repuatble coach and in theory at least should help get more out of our existing players.

Might also help re-unite the fanbase a little.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 09:27:15 »

It would unite the clans, I mean the fans.  Even the most anti king man would have to give Harford a fair chance.  I like the sound of this, just hope this rumour has some meat around these bones.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 11:11:02 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"

That's exactly what I would ideally like to happen and if that was the case with Harford coming in as assistant/coach it would certainly be good news, could potentially be disastrous news but we'll see I suppose. :|
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 11:12:44 »

As long as the board and King have no stupid ideas about promoting Reeves I'll be happy.  

Time will tell...
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 11:15:17 »

should be a good move if it happens. Harford will actually motivate the players. he did pretty well when he was in charge 4 a brief period at notts forest and he knows the division well having been at luton
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 11:19:28 »

Its on the official site now, but is wonderfully vague.

As I said in the original post, Harford was not mentioned as a done deal, but then again neither was it ruled out.......that would seem too much like good news for us.

So I would caution about getting excited folks.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 11:20:58 »

Agree with your last point Reg. This will probably be a huge anti-climax.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 11:21:15 »

yeh it might be that king is bringing in a temporary assistant like he did with Steve Coppell the other year
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 11:22:16 »

An anti-climax, at Swindon, this year, no way  Wink

That's what we're used to this season isn't it.  One big anti climax.  When was our last bit of good news?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: