Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anybody know what the contract situation is .........  (Read 8160 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 11:24:33 »

......for our players?  I've lost the thread a bit with this......I know Parkin, still has a year, but I can't remember whether the likes of Howard signed for more than a year.......I recall saying when he was messing around he should be on his bike.....if he did only sign for a year, then its time for him to discover how many prem teams are queueing for his signature.

What about Hoolit, he's playing like a man wuth another year guaranteed, he was reasonable last season, which was probably when his contract was up.

I believe Evans is out of contract, and I don't think it matters too much whether he signs or not......he's god enough for this level and may improve, but there are plenty as good out there.

What about Nicho and Sean O.....I remember Nicho signing some extension or other. Heywood and Duke?

As regards Grant Smith, King said at the AGM that as he wasn't in the team even he could work out that he wouldn't be offered anything, as he wasn't a regular......don't suppose anything changed but at least getting a decent run, should mean he can find another club at this level.
Piemonte

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 12:39:55 »

I think i remember fat boy signing for 2 years eventually in the summer, and I'm pretty sure Evans initial 2 year deal expires this summer too.

Smith's contract expires this summer too, signed a 2 year deal when he joined us i think.
Melksham Red

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 12:42:44 »

I don't know about the other players you mention but regarding Grant Smith, to not offer him another contract IMO is criminal. He is now showing what he is made of and has never really let us down. I would rather Smithy than Howard to be honest. At least he shows some willing and is a versatile player.  That's our Mr King for you I suppose.

O'hanlon must stay aswell, he's by far our best centre half (listening King, that's right, centre half).

The other players I wouldn't be too fussed about losing, they're all replacable.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 12:59:16 »

Well Shaun O was on loan initially, then he signed, if it was only a year, then it'd be up soon, so I'm guessing it was 2.

We know Turbo is on his way, and Daisy signed in the summer, but for how long?

Stef signed 2 years in teh summer

Fallon has probably got another year.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 13:00:25 »

Smith has to be offered at least another year now, he's proved himself to be very capable. I didn't think he was any good before but he's proved me wrong.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 13:43:59 »

O hanlon, Dukey and Smith all have to stay
Piemonte

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 13:56:36 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Smith has to be offered at least another year now, he's proved himself to be very capable. I didn't think he was any good before but he's proved me wrong.

I've not quite reached that stage yet, but another couple of good perfomances in centre mid and I may be forced to eat a little humble pie on this one.

mmmmmmm pie
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 16:10:49 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Well Shaun O was on loan initially, then he signed, if it was only a year, then it'd be up soon, so I'm guessing it was 2.

We know Turbo is on his way, and Daisy signed in the summer, but for how long?

Stef signed 2 years in teh summer

Fallon has probably got another year.

Duke only signed for another year, so his contracts up this year unless he gets a new one.
Dazzza

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 19:13:07 »

This summer...

Evans - Expired
Book - Expired

Jenkins - 1 year
O'Hanlon - 1 Year
Ifil - 1 year + 1yr option
Reeves - Expired
Heywood - Expired
Duke - Expired
Nicholas - 1 year

Robinson - Expired
Igoe - Expired
Hewlett - Expired
Miglioranzi - 1yr
Smith - Expired
Howard - Expired +1yr option

Parkin - 1yr
Fallon - 1yr
Roberts - 2yrs

Final Year Scholars

Caton
Garrard
Pook
Holgate
Wells
Bulman

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 19:20:27 »

Right so the big decisions are on Evans, Duke, Oolit, Igoe Smith and Heywood.
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 19:34:10 »

Id definately keep Evans.

Definately say bye to Heywood.

The rest depends on whether they will take a salary drop?

I think we need to get rid of our two worst midfielders and bring in one quality one (we all know exactly the sort of player Im talking about). For me that would be Hewlett and Igoe. Hewlett hasnt the quality to be the main man in a top div 3 team and Igoe has been a passenger for most of this season. Igoe could show us he deserves another contract over the next 3 months, in which case I would ditch Smith instead. Id keep Howard just because I know he has it in him to be top notch but his attitude stinks and has to change. Will he grow up?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 19:48:19 »

Given that Turbo was clearly told he wasn't going to offered anything new, and because he's been a good servant for King, has been given the chance to sort something out early..........leads one to suspect that King would probably want to retain the services of the others, as long as accommodation within the wage bill can be met.

We don't need to worry about the wage cap, because we're already well within that.

Of course King told the AGM the GS situation.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 19:51:35 »

Id get rid of the lot I think , its hard to make a judgement when you dont know who's earning what and who else is available for the same wages.

/
W56196272
Dazzza

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 19:52:58 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Right so the big decisions are on Evans, Duke, Oolit, Igoe Smith and Heywood.

Big one coming up on Parkin as well.  When the current contract expires he's 24 and now entitled to a Bosman freebie at the end of next season.

Ideally we should offer a one year extension with an agreement to sell after the first 12 months.

Of the ones mentioned I can see all six getting offered new deals with Oolit and Duke as usual holding out for longer term deals.

Can't see any likely candidates to be off bar Robinson, most of the final year scholars and possibly Book who may want first team action.  Even old father Reeves seems to have justified another playing contract.

strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 20:32:28 »

garrard, holgate and bulman are the only scholars i'd keep.

officially blacker than the night.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: