Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: wise's managerial record  (Read 3466 times)
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 16:55:18 »

I'll give him a chance to prove himself and support him as our manager but I still really can't see the point in appointing him. If they felt they had to appoint anyone I would have appointed Ian Holloway (if they had the chance of course; we'll probably never know if they did).

here's the man himself when you need him?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 18:06:45 »

i dont think his record is a fair reflection of his time in charge at Millwall. he got them to the FA cup final and they only just missed out on the play-offs. not bad really
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 18:12:56 »

Just missed the play offs twice I think, plus the cup final (which is a good effort regardless of opposition).

Average of 1.48 points per game at a club that was by no means in the top 10 biggest ones in the Championship.

Anyway, I think it's more the prospects he brings of knowing a fair number of better contacted people in the game and the big one for me is...

...he'll be the best player in our team most likely, even at his age (getting rave reviews from Cov fans)

Poyet could also prove very handy.  he has his coaching badges I believe and has spent some time working with the youth development in Uruguay.  Bring a few over from that Country and Gurney will be made to look a pussy cat!
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 19:33:25 »

1.5 points a game tends to get you near the playoffs, that's a decent record.
DMR

« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 19:36:34 »

Fuck the stats, things like he got Millwall to an FA Cup final are what we should focus on.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: