Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A wise fan!!  (Read 3070 times)
Sade

Ignore
« on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 15:19:48 »

:shock:

My dads mates, wifes friend is a chelsea fan and is the hugest possible fan of dennis wise you can ever imagine and she's decided to get a season ticket at swindon because he is now with us!

How mad is that. But fair play! Thats one extra new fan.......she won't be a chelsea fan for long  Wink

My dad ordered our season tickets last week and they came today, quite pleased with that. Although they did cock up the seat numbers!  Cheesy  So we have to take them back! Not sure I'm liking the design on the front of them. I much prefered last seasons with the fans on but thats me being fussy.

RED ARMY
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 15:23:59 »

That woman sounds like a nutter!

Ah, well bit of extra money going into the club.  Cam't help thinking that Wise and Poyet will attract a few more fans through the gate.

I'm hoping for the first match at home........think atmosphere will be superb!
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 15:40:55 »

Thats what me and father were saying  Cool  I can't wait. Imagine if its away! Even better, I reckon it would be a sell out. Give dennis a warm welcome and show him how loud we can be! I expect all the other teams in league 2 will like it when they play us because of wise.

RED ARMY
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 16:06:41 »

I know a load of people who said they'll come watch now Wise is in charge.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 16:08:58 »

Quote from: "Tails"
I know a load of people who said they'll come watch now Wise is in charge.

ditto.
Spud

« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 16:18:23 »

I hope we get Shrewbury Away first game, a packed out Away Terrace would be ace.
Melksham Red

« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 16:36:05 »

Quote from: "Sade"
I expect all the other teams in league 2 will like it when they play us because of wise.

I agree with you there Sade (makes a change eh! Wink )

We're gunna be pretty much the biggest club in that division next season and now with Wise and Poyet on board we really are gunna be the top draw. We a have to be on top of our game all season because we are the club they're all going to want to beat. Or perhaps ive got delusions of grandeur.
Spencer_White

« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 16:51:05 »

I think you could be right MelkshamRed. But I cant help thinking this could go tits up even before the season starts!

Its definately going to boost attendances, and the general excitement at our games should be much increased, for both sets of supporters.

Dennis Wise - the new Lou Macari? Please let it be true.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 19:01:40 »

Oops  I love you really melksham red.

I still can't believe wise is our manager  :shock:  Its quite strange because he's so well known and such a legend. Even my grandad knows who he is! I hope I can meet him next season.

I want torquay away first game please!! Hot day and a packed terrace! (or rovers, can't chose - imagine if the rumours are true and holloway does go there, what a clash in managers!! imagine imagine imagine!!)

RED ARMY
my-velocity

« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 19:06:26 »

They can all fuck off, they wern't hear last season. :fu:
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 19, 2006, 23:02:42 »

Quote from: "stfcbeckett"

So?

NO DONT LET NEW FANS IN. NOOO.
my-velocity

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 08:51:52 »

So?

But if they're only coming to see wise whats the point. And plus if theresmore fans, we play shite (apparently).
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 09:15:50 »

If there are fans that did'nt go due to our poor season last season, but have decided to come this season they yeah they can bog off but we can't exactly stop them. However if its people who are just interested to see how wise does and are concidered as 'neutrals' then we should be welcoming them! It looks better for us and our gates and more money towards the club - plus as the saying goes 'once a red always a red'  Cheesy  It won't take them long don't worry.

RED ARMY
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 09:32:06 »

So?

But if they're only coming to see wise whats the point. And plus if theresmore fans, we play shite (apparently).

Whats the point? Well we're in severe financial difficulty so simply maths says that we should be getting as many people as poss to boost gates and revenue?!

Also about big crowds, think this arguement is stupid....was a fair few in the crowd at wembly in the playoffs vs leceister, pretty sure we put in a decent performance that day...

Come on YOU REDS!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, May 20, 2006, 10:07:55 »

we need more fans! just think if we get an extra 1500 fans on the gate next season and do well then those fans will stick with us for the whole season. then we are looking at gates og 6-7 thousand on a weekly basis. not bad for league 2
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: