Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England DVD No Black Players Shocker  (Read 5579 times)
Amir

« on: Friday, January 28, 2005, 23:03:09 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4214617.stm

Does anyone actually think any black England players deserved to be on the DVD?  Ince maybe, that's about it really, and it's only a maybe.  In my opinion of course.

And what are the FA suggesting by destroying copies and making a new one?  That the first one was a White Power DVD, or that they forgot black players had played for England.

Load of crap if you ask me.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 28, 2005, 23:47:29 »

The initial list of players given to the video producers is understood to have included black players but none of them made the final cut as the running time was reduced.

at the end of the day in the eyes of the producers the selected players didn't quite make it up to scratch. i would feel more offended if i was a black person and my name was added just to make up numbers for the PC brigade.

thats my honest opinion.

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 00:04:18 »

well... John Barnes could have easily made it on there, but it is nothing to do with racism it is just a dvd of england greats and no blacks are england greats so didn't get on. nothing to get thrills about!
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 00:07:09 »

Mark Walters should be on it.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 00:15:08 »

now that is true!  :beers
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 02:28:15 »

i recon adding blacks on it just for proportional representation is racist, because it maybe suggests they are less competent than whites and that they need that extra bit of help (i.e.) not on the original list, to make it on there.

if you dont understand what im saying,im not suprised but iv thought it my whole life.
proprtional representation is fundamentally racist.

officially blacker than the night.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 10:08:00 »

yes dex its derogatory towards (in this case) blacks and is also a form of negative PC. If one player is better than the next then they should not have to sacrifice their place just for proportional representation.

That said, I would have liked to see someone like Ince in their,  due to his many  years of great service for England. He was always proud to wear an England shirt
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 11:32:48 »

What about Sol Campbell.....his WC career stands comparison  to most Engalnd centre backs and he was voted in the best XI at the last one.

Don't know what criteria they used for the selection......but its difficult to see how players like Barnes Ince  Campbell......wouldn't stand comparison.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 11:37:57 »

What about Sol Campbell.....his WC career stands comparison to most Engalnd centre backs and he was voted in the best XI at the last one.

yup SC is probably the best England centre back in the last 10 years IMO
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 13:52:38 »

Does anyone know what the list of players were?  How many players were on it?

I would have thought there were some black players on it such as Sol Campbell, Ian Wright etc.  Problem is, of course it is only recently that black players have been in the England team.  There is no point putting black players on the video just to make the numbers up - in my opinion, that is more racist.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 29, 2005, 18:59:21 »

i thought about Sol Campbell, i think he should of been in it. but of course dunno how many and who are in it so can't say too much!
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 23:29:24 »

Sol cambell or Bobby Moore?!?! no contest. and Barnes was more inconsistent than beckham for england!!!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 09:16:52 »

When you look at the England legends, R Charlton, R Moore, G Banks, S Matthews, T Finney, G Lineker, A Shearer, P Gascoigne, P Shilton, Becks, B Robson, J Greaves, I think you'd struggle to name a black player to get in infront of this lot.  I haven't got a clue who made it into the original 12.

Ian wright cannot be considered a England legend, I take it this is about the international side?!?  In which case Wright wouldn't make it into the top fifty.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 09:23:07 »

Another point about "positive discrimintion" the one bit of application forms I hate is the "We at "ACME Corps" believe in equal opportunities, please mark the ethnic group you belong to"

Why should they know at that stage, why should it make a difference?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 09:39:36 »

Quote from: "janaage77"
Another point about "positive discrimintion" the one bit of application forms I hate is the "We at "ACME Corps" believe in equal opportunities, please mark the ethnic group you belong to"

Why should they know at that stage, why should it make a difference?

i think it's to make clear that it isn't their ethnicity that they are discriminating against?

jan the warld has gone mad
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: