Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: McLaren England Manager  (Read 1797 times)
walrus

Ignore
« on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 18:40:51 »

Erm....  Not very impressed to be honest, seems to be the easy choice, but I'll give him a chance....  Briefly.
Devon Red

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 18:47:10 »

Agree. Should have got Allardyce in
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 18:49:56 »

http://www.football365.com/teams/england/story_184515.shtml

I'd have preferred Big Sam as well, though maybe he'd have had us playing hoof-ball ala Bolton!
Devon Red

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 18:55:27 »

mcclaren relies too much upon buying players in my opinion(although I know he has brought up a few youth players). Every year he seems to buy strikers simply because he has money and theyre available rgardless of how good they are.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 19:16:38 »

Sounds like me on Football Manager!   Cool

Do you want a lift on Saturday by the way DR?
manc red

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 19:22:49 »

bloody oxford reject  :evil:
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 19:38:50 »

There is some logic behind the idea of having a number two on board who eventually becomes the number one, and repeats the process.

The Hun did it for years with Jupp Derwall being the 2 to Helmut Schoen's one.

It broke down when....Erich Ribbeck who had been Derwall's number 2 for a while, took over from Beckanbaur and screwed up.

So the FA could do themselves a favour by getting in say Stuart Pearce to have a run as assistant, and gain some experience.
red macca

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 19:43:13 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
There is some logic behind the idea of having a number two on board who eventually becomes the number one, and repeats the process.

It broke down when....Erich Ribbeck who had been Derwall's number 2 for a while, took over from Beckanbaur and screwed up.

So the FA could do themselves a favour by getting in say Stuart Pearce to have a run as assistant, and gain some experience.
couldnt agree more reg,possibly curbishly i think,although he is linked with villa now but someone like him would be a great idea
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 21:39:50 »

I think Big Sam would have been a mistake. He is not used to handling young players, and has built his teams through buying in experienced players who can already do a job. Not much of a coach in my opinion, more of a director of football style guy.

Having said that I don't know who I would have chosen
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 21:55:53 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

couldnt agree more reg,possibly curbishly i think,although he is linked with villa now but someone like him would be a great idea

Its such an inexact science though.....David Platt was clearly a man who was being earmarked for greater things when made U21 manager by Sven, he'd been to Italy, worked his way up through the system of English football.....played in the last Div 4 game at the CG.

Clever fella , seemed to have all the attributes, but royally screwed up at Forest.

But so did Stuart Pearce in his short stint there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: