Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust player of the year awards cancelled  (Read 721 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 2, 2006, 23:56:34 »

Trust Player of the Year awards cancelled=========================================We expected the response to the Player of the Year awards this season to be, ahem, muted but we've been underwhelmed by Trust members' indifference to the players who've turned out for us this season. We actually had nearly as many people telling us that they weren't voting for anyone deliberately as we did actual votes - and not many of either. This wave of apathy in itself speaks volumes (that most of you simply don't want to give any of the players an award for getting relegated) so, with apologies to the handful of you who did vote, we've decided to cancel the awards for this season. It would simply be unfair to hand an award to any of the few players voted for on the basis of a handful of votes, and unrepresentative of what our members have told us

Cheesy To right

Oh and theres a meeting on May 8th at Coate for those interested

/
W56196272
STFC Village

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 02:31:42 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
I might make my way along. Possible first meeting with the fans for Mr Power?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 07:27:32 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
I might make my way along. Possible first meeting with the fans for Mr Power?

Just to clarify, the meeting's at the Holiday Inn, just off the Coate roundabout (rather than some kind of dogging expedition in the park :shock:) starts 7.30 pm.

We do hope to get Bill Power along to a future meeting but as I understand it he has other commitments on Monday which make it unlikely he will be available at such short notice. Plus the club have said they are holding their own fans' forum in a few weeks so I'd guess they'd want to "unveil" him there.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 11:19:33 »

..but the meeting will still be interesting anyway!

Worth going, just to get a feel of what is going on around the club
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: