Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Club losses bewildering?  (Read 2953 times)
Dazzza

« on: Thursday, January 27, 2005, 20:07:29 »

Amongst the latest press release on the official site that the winding up order has been withdrawn by Customs & Excise it's mentioned that the club has been losing in the region of 750k a season.

Understandable perhaps after coming out of admin with a pile of debts and a wage bill topped by Neil Ruddock’s reported 6k a week.

More questionable is how we are still making the same deficit 3 years on having cut expenditure right to the very bone?

The wage bill has come down, youth team budget slashed, and costs have been cut across the board from the backroom team to club staff.  Expenditure on players is probably balanced fairly close to transfer fees recouped on Leigh Mills and more recently Andy Gurney’s move to Swansea.

Even taking inflation into account with increased ticket prices and increased ticket sales last season it seems all a bit puzzling how 3 years on theoretically having paid some creditors off we are still running to the same sort of losses.

Perhaps a bit of PR spin to stamp the necessity of a new stadium?

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 27, 2005, 20:13:12 »

it has been said that expenditure has been minimised and now it's just a case of  increasing income:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/4213471.stm

i wonder if thed reduction in attendances has hit the club hard?
Turbo

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 27, 2005, 20:23:51 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
The poor form of the team this season and the high prices are soley to blame for this.  It's a never ending slope losing games or if prices are too high.
Less fans come - less money comes in - less money to do anything about the current squad/manager - the team does worse.

So the best way to improve it (besides stop losing) is to attract fans back.  We cant just ask fans to come back though (although noce try Holt), if the team is underperforming, they need another incentive to come back, i'm sure no season ticket holder would mind adult prices being dropped by £5 and 2 kids to go half price with any full paying adult for the next few games.
Dazzza

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 27, 2005, 20:24:15 »

That's the problem, we have already cut back to the bone and expenditure has been minimised for some time now.  Surely we shouldn't still be making the same losses as we did back in 02?

To be fair though the latest loss could be attributed in bulk to the 600K cock up calculating the amount of tax owed taking the latest club loss down to a more respectable 150k.

I dare say the summer break when there is no income warps the amount slightly, if accounts where to run Sep-Sep I dare say the figures would be much more healthy.

Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 27, 2005, 20:27:39 »

Quote from: "Turbo"
Quote from: "simon pieman"
It's a never ending slope losing games or if prices are too high.
Less fans come - less money comes in - less money to do anything about the current squad/manager - the team does worse.

So the best way to improve it (besides stop losing) is to attract fans back.  We cant just ask fans to come back though (although noce try Holt), if the team is underperforming, they need another incentive to come back, i'm sure no season ticket holder would mind adult prices being dropped by £5 and 2 kids to go half price with any full paying adult for the next few games.

We'd have to have a huge increase in attendance to make the same amount with a £5 drop in tickets, wouldn't happen we'd end up making far less.
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 27, 2005, 20:40:18 »

A goodwill gesture for the fans? Dont be so stupid.

Crying
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 27, 2005, 20:42:19 »

fucking hell, it's not that simple - why do you think they put the prices up in the first place?
Spencer_White

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 27, 2005, 20:50:38 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"

fucking hell, it's not that simple - why do you think they put the prices up in the first place?

Sorry, but this is where the little kid inside me comes out and says its so unfair we support the most skint, financially unstable, administration prone club in the Country.

Crying
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 27, 2005, 21:06:12 »

yeh but thats the way it is. i blame ricky cunt for gettin us into this mess!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: