Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Radio interview from last nite  (Read 2990 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 11:37:12 »

Was it me or was that the longest interview AK gave...felt like it went on forever!!

Was quite angry at the way he was trying to blame the fans. Fair enough the players may be affected by it, but how many times have we been losing and we still roared on the team? it makes me angry. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and are free to air it. I can understand why some fans are annoyed...we're simply slipping down the table rapidly.

I think there maybe a little tension in the air on sat. We need a win at least. Stockport are struggling and its the sort of team we need to beat. I'll be there showing my support, but a loss will be the last straw personally....

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 11:39:32 »

King is a prick 4 blaming the fans! he said our expectations were high! wasnt it him who said we were aiming for automatic promotion this season?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 11:41:26 »

He's a complete moron for blaming the fans, throughout the whole of last season we were superb and the team have let us down this season and so has King. It's quite natural we're going to be a bit disappointed, I don't agree with booing players or giving them abuse but I can understand why people's frustrations manifest themselves in that way.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 12:05:35 »

.....but when he blames the fans, it winds them up even more so he's planning his own downfall....

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 12:08:26 »

I agree with Sonic - having a go at the manager is fine but getting on the players backs is harsh.  There wasn't much abuse at players last night however, only really at Howard when he fluffed a cross, but to be honest it was an awful piece of play.

The problem is, he's hung on before in grim times, so I can't see him going without a major boycott of the team's games or the like from the fans forcing the board to take notice.  We have to hope that King can come good and can string a decent run together sometime soon so that we can have a late charge into the playoffs.  If we miss out on the playoffs this season it will constitute a massive failure, but I doubt he will get the push.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 12:21:30 »

it depends what u c as abuse of players. if its booing them constantly then i dont agree but if its coz they played a shit ball and got shouted at by a few fans then its understandable. Duke did not deserve 2 b booed and neihter should Howard even if he isnt playing all that well
Dazzza

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 12:41:09 »

Couple of things rankled about that interview.

The sarcy comments about Hoddle returning.

Reference to the third division as where the club has come from in the sort of context that he deserved some sort of credit from getting the club out of there in the first place.

The borderline acceptance of some responsibility only to quickly emphasise as it being the players fault.

The overall tone reminded me of a whinging toddler.

Anyone catch the slip when he started rambling about fans not liking him.  Something along the lines of I know some of them don’t like me and if they don’t want to play for me......

Clearly the players are as fed up as the fans.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 12:43:43 »

yeh the players must b! i h8ted the comments he made about hoddle coming back on 20k! what was all that about neway?
Piemonte

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 12:51:43 »

PLEASE STOP POSTING IN FUCKING TEXT LANGUAGE IT MAKES YOU LOOK RETARDED

ahem. Parts of the interview bugged me too, although to be fair to him he sounded genuinely pissed off and for once accepted some responsibility.

His comments about expectancy levels were shite though. He help raise those expectancy levels, both by the perfomances of last season and his target of the play offs this season.
Super_Taff

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 16:30:27 »

PLEASE STOP POSTING IN FUCKING TEXT LANGUAGE IT MAKES YOU LOOK RETARDED

Agreed m8

Anywho, kingy is an absolute idiot if he cant even work out that we are the people who will basically keep him in/out of work then how can he manage a football club??

If "all of the players are underacheiving" then surely there MUST be a reason.....

:arrow: KING!
santini

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 27, 2005, 21:51:42 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
The borderline acceptance of some responsibility only to quickly emphasise as it being the players fault.

Anyone catch the slip when he started rambling about fans not liking him.  Something along the lines of I know some of them don’t like me and if they don’t want to play for me......

I seriously think he's buckling under the strain. Rambling incoherent blaming everybody else and ranting at players - without any constructive comments or plan to change things at half time - is a real bad sign.

No doubt he's missing Devlin and Crosby but they're gone now so what can the club do before he cracks up completely and takes us with him?

Shift him upstairs.
Get his mate Mick Harford in to work with him.
Tell  Walsh he's failed his trial period Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: