Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Postman has accidently posted some DVDs at my house  (Read 1806 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Thursday, March 23, 2006, 13:33:05 »

Saw 2 and Corpse Bride

Shall I keep them or watch them and send them back.

I think ill keep them. Cool

/
W56196272
STFC Village

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 23, 2006, 13:35:07 »

The guy who was meant to get them, will just say that they didn't arrive and he'll get more sent out. Probably a gift voucher too. So keep 'em.
mrs_spacey

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 23, 2006, 13:42:48 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Saw 2 and Corpse Bride

Shall I keep them or watch them and send them back.

I think ill keep them. Cool

Of course you should send them back straight away...

...but if you don't can I borrow Saw 2 please?
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 23, 2006, 14:02:44 »

keep them, watch them and then sell them at a car boot  Cheesy
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 23, 2006, 14:08:15 »

eBay? They're both rubbish, incidentally.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 23, 2006, 14:10:02 »

keep them/sell them

was saw2 better than 1 dave? the twist at the end of the last one made it a bit better, but that bloke who played the father couldn't act
DMR

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 23, 2006, 14:12:48 »

I liked Saw 1, like you say when the bloke gets up it's a good twist and it's generally a bit more disturbing, but I thought 2 was a bit more predictable. The porter bloke couldn't act either mind.
Dazzza

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 23, 2006, 15:04:02 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
The guy who was meant to get them, will just say that they didn't arrive and he'll get more sent out. Probably a gift voucher too. So keep 'em.

Is this a scam that works?

I've always wondered you know!

STFC Village

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 23, 2006, 15:12:57 »

Quote from: "dazzza"

Personally, i've never tried it, but i can't see why it wouldn't. DVDs/CDs from Play are treated as normal post....no recorded delivery/signature required. You could probably get away with it once or twice....they'd probably cotton on after a while though
Spud

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 23, 2006, 15:19:31 »

Personally, i've never tried it, but i can't see why it wouldn't. DVDs/CDs from Play are treated as normal post....no recorded delivery/signature required. You could probably get away with it once or twice....they'd probably cotton on after a while though

The only time stuff from play.com are treated as recorded are if they're valued at £30+
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 23, 2006, 15:28:47 »

Also works with mobile phones.  My new one was "signed" for by a fake neighbour.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, March 23, 2006, 18:06:15 »

i never received the osbournes dvd from cd-wow- apparently you're supposed to wait 14 days. It didn't arrive so I rang them up. They agreed to send another aslong as I sent one back if I received two. They sent it and the original arrived a few days later. I obviously sent one 'back'...... :-))(

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
fatbury

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, March 23, 2006, 21:21:11 »

so join a rental club ., order your 3 dvds .. when they arrive call to say youve not received any .. and lo and behold .. 3 dvds for nowt!
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, March 23, 2006, 21:26:08 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

The only time stuff from play.com are treated as recorded are if they're valued at £30+

not true.

i ordered Lost series 1 from PlayUSA @ £32.99
After 14 days it hadn't arrived so i phoned to tell them.
3 days later my new one arrived but then 3 days after the other one arrived too. So i sold it to my mate for half price. wasn't recorded delivery so i could get away with it

fatbury

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, March 23, 2006, 21:27:43 »

once or twice ud get away with it ...... more if you spread them out
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: