Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Second test,Mohali  (Read 10580 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, March 13, 2006, 17:04:54 »

True Johno,it wasn't out,i'd forgotten that Oops Although he had been trying to attack from the start and maybe if he'd curbed that attacking instinct he might not have got out.But that is a big IF and of course that is the kind of player he is,bit rough of me to blame KP, and of course Kumble and the other Indians bowled well.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, March 13, 2006, 19:21:29 »

what a pathetic exuse for a cricket team! they should all be shot this very minute! the performances since the Ashes have been nothing short of abysmal!
STFC Village

« Reply #47 on: Monday, March 13, 2006, 19:26:13 »

Quote from: "larwood"
And Rich ffs man get a grip,of course its a disappointing result but we are playing India in India where they are very hard to beat,even if we had a full team [which we don't ]it would be very hard to win out there.
Yes
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, March 13, 2006, 19:29:43 »

And Rich ffs man get a grip,of course its a disappointing result but we are playing India in India where they are very hard to beat,even if we had a full team [which we don't ]it would be very hard to win out there

it doesnt matter who you are playing! its not hard to put in some effort is it? even i could do better! oh and we are ranked higer than India so we should be beating them
STFC Village

« Reply #49 on: Monday, March 13, 2006, 19:33:32 »

We are only ranked higher than India, because we beat the Aussies with our strongest team, at home. Now, we have half that side missing, all replaced by youngsters making their Test debuts, out in one of the toughest places to tour (Panesar, Cook and Plunkett). I think we are doing rather well considering.

Also, why would they not put any effort in Rich? Surely, they are trying their best, and are not quite up to that level yet?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, March 13, 2006, 19:36:28 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
We are only ranked higher than India, because we beat the Aussies with our strongest team, at home. Now, we have half that side missing, all replaced by youngsters making their Test debuts, out in one of the toughest places to tour (Panesar, Cook and Plunkett). I think we are doing rather well considering.

Also, why would they not put any effort in Rich? Surely, they are trying their best, and are not quite up to that level yet?

its the players body language! they look like they dont give a shit! if thats true then its not on! yes im not blaming the young ones it's the likes of struass and bell and KP that need to get their act together. i agree they are not up to that level yet. they should be dropped for that very reason
STFC Village

« Reply #51 on: Monday, March 13, 2006, 19:40:18 »

Quote from: "Rich"
they should be dropped for that very reason
And replaced by whom?

I disagree that you can tell they aren't trying. Heads probably dropped when Jaffer and Dravid got settled, but i think that's understandable, seeing as it was a lost cause by this point.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, March 13, 2006, 19:43:59 »

someone who can bat! Cook did well in the first test so replace Bell with him. then when Tresco comes back he'll open instead of struass and colloingwood can bat at 4 simple! ill let KP off but only because he can score the odd 50!
Spud

« Reply #53 on: Monday, March 13, 2006, 20:55:00 »

Quote from: "Rich"
someone who can bat! Cook did well in the first test so replace Bell with him. then when Tresco comes back he'll open instead of struass and colloingwood can bat at 4 simple! ill let KP off but only because he can score the odd 50!

Back where?. He wont be back until the summer.
DMR

« Reply #54 on: Monday, March 13, 2006, 21:10:19 »

This wouldn't have happened if we hadn't sold Trescothick to Wales  :x
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2006, 16:28:03 »

even i could do better!

Of course you could :-))(  Smiley

oh and we are ranked higer than India so we should be beating them

I don't think the rankings are that important really,i reckon most teams above the West Indies could probably beat each other, especially at home.Plus this test series will decide who's number two in the table.Personally i'm not too bothered.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2006, 19:29:15 »

even i could do better!

Of course you could :-))(  Smiley

yes Larwood but im not payed to play cricket am i? these people are! which  makes it even more of a farce!  Cheesy
fatbury

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2006, 19:31:40 »

Hopefully we can make a miraculous recovery for the 3rd Test .. but I think we might lose that one again

The onedayers first 2 games need to be won tho!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2006, 19:37:44 »

ive lost all hope. i think we will slide back to the hoplessness of the 90's tbh
fatbury

« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, March 15, 2006, 19:39:02 »

oh we arent that bad ... a few injuries cos of the heavy schedule .. weve got some good players still ...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: