Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Second test,Mohali  (Read 10558 times)
Spud

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, March 9, 2006, 16:11:35 »

Thats what i hate about the sub continent teams, they bowl seamers for 10 overs and then the rest of the time its spinners for 100 overs.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, March 9, 2006, 16:36:34 »

Bit harsh Spud Smiley ,spinners are in the main their best bowlers,you can't blame them for using them most of the time.Personally i quite enjoy watching Kumble and Harbahjan bowling,although in a sort of petrified way Wink

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
DMR

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, March 9, 2006, 18:30:35 »

Big ton from Geraint Jones tomorrow. You heard it here first.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, March 9, 2006, 19:02:58 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Big ton from Geraint Jones tomorrow. You heard it here first.

He needs a big innings....
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, March 9, 2006, 19:06:53 »

lay off Jones. i think he's the best of our wicketkeeping options at the mo! certainly batting wise. so what he makes mistakes? unfortunatly those are remembered and not the good points like some of his catches in the ashes and the tour to pakistan
Spud

« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 10, 2006, 05:54:33 »

Currently 200-5 with bad light stopping play for the past hour.  Smiley
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, March 10, 2006, 07:40:38 »

still bad light....draw again i hope!
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, March 10, 2006, 16:05:01 »

200-5,only 14.3 overs were bowled.Its looking like a draw is inevitable now.

lay off Jones. i think he's the best of our wicketkeeping options at the mo! certainly batting wise. so what he makes mistakes? unfortunatly those are remembered and not the good points like some of his catches in the ashes and the tour to pakistan

I agree with your point about the fact that mistakes are remembered more than the successes,but to say we have no alternative is quite frankly bollocks.I don't know about anyone else but i'd like our wicket keeper to be able to keep wicket well first and bat well second.I just don't think Jones keeps wicket well and he certaintly isn't scoring many runs.Personally i think Chris Read should be behind the stumps,he is first of all a good wicket keeper and a more than competent batsman.

And fate has just
Spud

« Reply #23 on: Friday, March 10, 2006, 17:12:58 »

Quote from: "larwood"
200-5,only 14.3 overs were bowled.Its looking like a draw is inevitable now.

I agree with your point about the fact that mistakes are remembered more than the successes,but to say we have no alternative is quite frankly bollocks.I don't know about anyone else but i'd like our wicket keeper to be able to keep wicket well first and bat well second.I just don't think Jones keeps wicket well and he certaintly isn't scoring many runs.Personally i think Chris Read should be behind the stumps,he is first of all a good wicket keeper and a more than competent batsman.

He recently scored a 100 in the WI, im sure Jones knows that his place is uncertain at the moment.
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, March 10, 2006, 17:17:52 »

im sure Jones knows that his place is uncertain at the moment

I hope so,and i hope he plays accordingly.It pisses me off that there is never a suggestion of replacing him in the side,its as if he's as irreplaceable as Freddie or something :-))(

And fate has just
Spud

« Reply #25 on: Friday, March 10, 2006, 17:20:17 »

Quote from: "larwood"

im sure Jones knows that his place is uncertain at the moment

I hope so,and i hope he plays accordingly.It pisses me off that there is never a suggestion of replacing him in the side,its as if he's as irreplaceable as Freddie or something :-))(

Where have you been?, the pundits are always talking about Read replacing Jones.
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, March 10, 2006, 17:33:40 »

Where have you been?, the pundits are always talking about Read replacing Jones.

The pundits maybe,but it doesn't seem to be an issue with the England managerment,thats what annoys me.Anyway Read is doing all he can to make them take notice,hopefully he'll get another chance to play in the side soon.
Its looking like Spencer White will be seeing the deciding test match,the lucky git Smiley

And fate has just
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, March 10, 2006, 22:27:17 »

i think we can win this one........300-350? then get the seamers to bowl them out on a productive pitch (the first of its kind in the sub continent) i wont accept a draw! i think India are getting shitter now. their players are starting to get old just like the aussies
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, March 11, 2006, 09:08:10 »

we hit 300 all out...flintoff 70 Jones 50 odd....there now 30-1. Harmison and hoggard bowled well. Harmison got sehwag for 11.
Spud

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, March 11, 2006, 11:47:19 »

I woke up annoyed, when i went to bed we were 267-5, i wake up and we're all out for 300.  :evil:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: