Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: King's Contract.  (Read 5419 times)
Dazzza

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, January 23, 2005, 16:06:31 »

There is a clause that stipulates King can be booted at minimal cost.  If you recall the last time his contract was up it was just after the disastrous run that would have seen him sacked if it was not from his threats to take the club yet again to court over unfair dismissal.

Because of admin and the alternative being Machin King never departed.  However Mark Devlin stated on the BBC that there would be a clause inserted to ensure a similar situation would never arise again.  

One of the reasons I dislike the arrogant fool so much.  Evans walked away like a true gent for nothing in comparison King threatens on two separate occasions to shaft the club in court.

Probably one of the reasons Devlin was so public about something that you would normally expect to be quite a private issue.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, January 23, 2005, 16:15:57 »

I think minimal cost is a relative term though Dazzza....when King signed up first time it was under the Brady regime.....he was talking about it at the AGM. they all had gratis accommodation in the Wiltshire Hotel for 3 months on the club.

He claimed the youth team budget then wasn't too far removed from the 1st team budget now.

So I think relative to what that would have cost yes the 80K now is relatively cheap....but someones still got to pay it.
Dazzza

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, January 23, 2005, 16:34:58 »

Surely though based on results and performance you could argue he is not doing his job and could rightfully be booted for nothing at all.

You would have to hope that anyone with an ounce of self respect and a love of the club or the game in general would walk away without threatening to cause the club more financial woes.

Then again its King were talking about.

A bit harsh but I’m fed up of the comic’s nonsensical comments and excuses.

Short term memory loss indeed.  Just about a weeks worth this time around.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, January 23, 2005, 16:45:24 »

Its rare for a manager to just walk away, without a pay off of some sort......King's mate Reid has made himself one of the country's richest managers from collecting pay offs etc from Leeds and Sunderland and now Cov.

I always thought Roy Evans deserved a bit more credit than he got when he walked.

Although of course Carson and co asked him to stay but on reduced terms, he could have done a Rudddock.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, January 23, 2005, 16:47:39 »

yes i thought that Roy Evans was top dog for doing that. However Ruddock wanted to collect his money because it would be his last paycheck from football
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, January 23, 2005, 17:07:07 »

Surely King would be unable to sue the club for unfair dismissal, as this would set a whole new precident in club football.  How do you define whether or not a football manager has been satisfactory in his job?  That is surely an empty threat and I highly doubt it would make court, I cannot see this as a geniune reason for not sacking King.

As for justifying the sacking of King, King claimed we need to win the next four games prior to the Blackpool game to get into the playoffs.  He also said that failing to make the playoffs would be an underachievement.  We have one point from the first half of those four games, therefore we a justified in sacking him.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, January 23, 2005, 17:12:49 »

if somebody hasn't completed a full years continuous employment then they cannot claim unfair dismissal. in other words, it wasn't unfair dismissal the first time around, just that we couldn't afford to go to court
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: