Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RAF auction raises over £2k  (Read 991 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, March 7, 2006, 01:16:32 »

Big thanks to all who came to the Red Army Fund auction tonight - we raised well over 2 grand for the RAF, thanks to some very generous (and in some instances slightly potty) bidders.

Also good to hear Iffy talk on all things STFC and life in management - always an intelligent and thoughtful speaker and he didn't let us down tonight. Especially good of him to honour the commitment given the rearranged game for tomorrow.

More news on what sold for how much etc:
http://www.truststfc.co.uk/news_item.php?id=697
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2006, 08:44:21 »

Good work there, £600 for a days training!
Dazzza

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2006, 11:36:53 »

Paul, any chance of making this a regular feature but slapping the goods up on ebay?

Couple of items every month or so to keep it exclusive(ish) and will allow a hell of a lot more people to bid.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2006, 11:58:17 »

Don't organise the auctions myself (credit to Paul Wardell who did a fantastic job last night) but as I understand it, what we found with ebay-ing stuff was that we just didn't get as good a response. Plus by doing a live auction night, we get a bit of a social event thrown in - even those of us who didn't spend mega-bucks had a good evening. We do allow people to put in "proxy" bids beforehand for those who can't make it.

That said, maybe we could mix the two approaches - eBay some stuff (with adequate publicity) when we're not doing the auction nights (as we don't do them very often). I'll put it to the other guys and see what they think. End result tho is to raise as much dosh as possible for the Red Army Fund and I think last night certainly has to be seen as a storming success in that regard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: