Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Smoking  (Read 19865 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 21:47:34 »

Marlboro Reds are killers! I used to smoke menthols or marlboro lights/silk cut if from cigarette machines on night out!
red macca

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 21:50:28 »

Quote from: "arriba"
the thread is about smoking so ive added my thoughts, nowt more.
tounge in cheek really as smoking doesn't really bother me.but i found it a peice of piss to quit and find it amusing how people say how hard it is
is that why you start polls trying to ban it at the county ground then???

anyway i smoke would love to stop but cant be assed .i have given up everything else in my life so fuck it will do something i like for once

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:14:12 »

Quote from: "red macca"
tounge in cheek really as smoking doesn't really bother me.but i found it a peice of piss to quit and find it amusing how people say how hard it is

anyway i smoke would love to stop but cant be assed .i have given up everything else in my life so fuck it will do something i like for once

unless some cunt is sat right next to me chuffing away,hence my reason for the poll.and boredom of course
Amir

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:16:46 »

I gave up for 3 months earlier in the year, then I started again just to piss off non-smokers.  The only thing that's ever really bothered me is the cost, and I can afford it fine so I smoke.  People always say how it's a painful death but funnily I've never thought dieing was going to be nice.

During that three months I also gave updrink and drugs for 3 weeks, and fuck me did I feel strange :shock:
red macca

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:18:32 »

Quote from: "red macca"

unless some cunt is sat right next to me chuffing away,hence my reason for the poll.and boredom of course
thats fair enough i allways ask if people mind if i smoke or not usually they are ok as they are smoking aswell

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:19:58 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Quote from: "triseros"
Giving up is easy - done it loads  of times - it's stopping yourself from starting again that's the hard part - 5 years and 5 months for me

I quit over a year ago and went tee total up until the last few months...now I just have a couple when I actually go out and have a drink so I probably have about 5-10 a month often a lot less.

If people want to smoke fine, if people don't then fine. Down to the individual......no need to get put down by others, as you said Arriba you've had your imperfections in your time.

dont quite know what you're trying to get at here.but as far as i'm concerned people can smoke all they like as long as it doesn't affect others who dont want to breathe in the second hand poison.ie sitting next to them at a football match!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:21:49 »

I'm not getting at anything, just you appear to be the most critical on the subject.

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:24:08 »

for the record i smoked from the age of 11 to the age of 29.include years of drug abuse to that too.gave it all up for my children.
so i am anti smoking but understand why people do it.
but mind over matter is what it takes.and of course wanting to quit whatever the substance in the first place!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:26:19 »

for the record i smoked from the age of 11 to the age of 29.add years of drug abuse to that too.gave it all up for my children.
but mind over matter is what it takes.and of course wanting to quit whatever the substance in the first place!

Well fair play & respect to you.

Smoking however, is something associated with footballing culture and unless a national ban is implemented it will be here to stay.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:27:24 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
Quote from: "bennett"
i went from 30 marlboro reds a day to nothing in a week. and i've got little will power, i just knew it was retarded. and i had a week off work to go cold turkey

Fucking hell Bennett 30 red tops a day, you must have had a voice like a sand pit.

Well done.

i did at the time, and i've a load of shite in my lungs still that needs to be removed every morning. it's not the glamorous claim to faim but it's a gooden

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
flammableBen

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:28:39 »

I smoke on and off pretty constantly. rarely during the day though, normally in the evening. The only thing that pisses me off about non-smokers - especially the ones that used to smoke and have successfully quit, is that they always presume you're trying to give up and even when you point out that you're not really and are quite happy smoking, there seems to be a presumption it's because you can't stop.

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:29:11 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
for the record i smoked from the age of 11 to the age of 29.add years of drug abuse to that too.gave it all up for my children.

Well fair play & respect to you.

Smoking however, is something associated with footballing culture and unless a national ban is implemented it will be here to stay.

i'm sorry but that comment is absolutely ridiculous.and i dont want praise or anything like that.just giving my experience.
 i feel smoking should be a choice, not inflicted against peoples will.football has and is changing all the time.as is society
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:31:18 »

I never said it wasn't choice?  However how many grounds do you actually see carrying out smoke free zones/ initiatives?
red macca

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:31:19 »

i dont agree with alchahol arriba i would be grateful if you didnt have a drink before the game please on saturday...explain the difference pls

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:32:29 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
I smoke on and off pretty constantly. rarely during the day though, normally in the evening. The only thing that pisses me off about non-smokers - especially the ones that used to smoke and have successfully quit, is that they always presume you're trying to give up and even when you point out that you're not really and are quite happy smoking, there seems to be a presumption it's because you can't stop.

i would say smoke all you want as long as noboby else is effected by it.its a matter of choice
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: