Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's all laugh at Oxford  (Read 31930 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #180 on: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 19:06:34 »

Ah fuck it...that shit is always funny!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 19:51:42 »

have you rung the sister-in-law yet?

Erm yes, but she won't speak to me, I wonder why  Cheesy The response I got was 'fuck off Paul' followed by a dial tone. Cheesy One can only guess she's a bit upset.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 20:29:16 »

Erm yes, but she won't speak to me, I wonder why  Cheesy The response I got was 'fuck off Paul' followed by a dial tone. Cheesy One can only guess she's a bit upset.

Good work.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 11:55:04 »

I am fed up with laughing at oxford every time they lose.

To be honest it makes me feel a little better after the shit we've had to watch recently.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Monday, September 29, 2008, 13:26:58 »

I am fed up with laughing at oxford every time they lose.
im not! Lick my Arse Orifice

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 21:55:56 »

Oh dear.

Nick Merry has stood down as chairman with immediate effect.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 22:34:38 »

Apparently he made some sort of claim to the pox supporters club at weekend which caused a bit of a stink,I doubt that was the reason but they seem happy he's gone..

Suggestions what he said on a postcard  Wink
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 17:51:38 »

Agent Merry's work is not yet complete...why has he been allowed to leave his post?  I demand answers...who's department at TEF Towers was this?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Spencer_White

« Reply #188 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 19:52:08 »

Ok, now they are in the shit.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 21:31:37 »

Apparently he made some sort of claim to the pox supporters club at weekend which caused a bit of a stink,I doubt that was the reason but they seem happy he's gone..

Suggestions what he said on a postcard  Wink
He told a group of supporters in the pub before the Lewes game (bearing in mind that their fans have been calling out for official communication from him for weeks and he's been in hiding) that he'd all but sorted out getting the backing to buy back the stadium from Kassam except the "investors" had withdrawn following a (fairly mild) press release from OxVox (their Trust). So apparently these mythical investors had done so little homework on the club they were happy to sink in millions on his say-so but got cold feet when they found out from a supporters press release that actually the club was in quite a lot of debt and that the chairman wasn't the thoroughly good chap and astute businessman he'd made himself out to be. Basically he was trying to cover up his own fuck-ups by blaming the supporters trust in such a ridiculously transparent Scooby Doo villain kind of a way ("And I've bought the stadium back by now if it wasn't for them pesky kids") that his position became untenable. Although I don't know whether he compared it to being a lot like buying  a house.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 21:33:18 »

Did you give them any tips on how to be a public punch bag in disputes between club and trust?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 21:46:11 »

Did you give them any tips on how to be a public punch bag in disputes between club and trust?
Don't think they need any tips from us. Merry's pub perfomance apparently led to chants of "If you all hate OxVox clap your hands" from a (minority) section of their fans during the Lewes game. Which he presumably found temporarily gratifying until it also led to him being forced to stand down for being crassly embarrassing. From what I can gather, they've gathered quite a bit of support from being attacked by him and the new chairman has already been in touch with them pledging to improve relations and open proper dialogue
Spencer_White

« Reply #192 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 21:53:57 »

He didnt need much of an excuse to leave though did he?

If they dont get the Kassam cancer out of their club they are dead.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 21:57:39 »

He didnt need much of an excuse to leave though did he?
I think it was more a case of the straw that broke the camel's back

If they dont get the Kassam cancer out of their club they are dead.
Problem is, from what I can tell, that Merry's reign has been such a disaster, Kassam at least looks competent by comparison. He may have robbed them blind (metaphorically speaking of course) but he could at least run the club better than Merry did, if only so he could get HIS stadium deal through. There but for the grace of God and all that
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 22:00:10 »

It shows me that we have to stay out of div 2 at all costs....one tragic season and going out of the league is not worth even contemplating.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: