Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's all laugh at Oxford  (Read 31848 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 22:01:54 »

It shows me that we have to stay out of div 2 at all costs....one tragic season and going out of the league is not worth even contemplating.
And how lucky we are (even if it didn't seem like it at the time) that the old lot's stadium plans were so inept
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 22:06:26 »

He told a group of supporters in the pub before the Lewes game (bearing in mind that their fans have been calling out for official communication from him for weeks and he's been in hiding) that he'd all but sorted out getting the backing to buy back the stadium from Kassam except the "investors" had withdrawn following a (fairly mild) press release from OxVox (their Trust). So apparently these mythical investors had done so little homework on the club they were happy to sink in millions on his say-so but got cold feet when they found out from a supporters press release that actually the club was in quite a lot of debt and that the chairman wasn't the thoroughly good chap and astute businessman he'd made himself out to be. Basically he was trying to cover up his own fuck-ups by blaming the supporters trust in such a ridiculously transparent Scooby Doo villain kind of a way ("And I've bought the stadium back by now if it wasn't for them pesky kids") that his position became untenable. Although I don't know whether he compared it to being a lot like buying  a house.

Christ what a mess,so was it case of being pushed rather than stepping down in the end.
sonic youth

« Reply #197 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 22:07:35 »

i'd heard some oxford fans are hoping it goes tits up so they can use oxford city's ground and surrounding land.

sounds like bollocks to me but god i'd laugh forever if it happened
Spencer_White

« Reply #198 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 22:12:00 »

It shows me that we have to stay out of div 2 at all costs....one tragic season and going out of the league is not worth even contemplating.

I predict next season that the Conference will have higher average attendances than League 2.

There are some ifs, Bradford City would have to go up.

But the FL have ruined their own bottom tier.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 22:23:00 »

Christ what a mess,so was it case of being pushed rather than stepping down in the end.
Well, no-one really knows exactly what the internal discussion within their board was. But it seems he'd already made such a badger's arse of the whole situation it was a "when" not "if" anyway even before he flapped his gob in the pub. That probably just hastened the inevitable. <disclaimer> This is from an outsider looking in</disclaimer>
Rich Pullen

« Reply #200 on: Thursday, October 9, 2008, 19:11:59 »

Just gone 1-0 down at Torquay.

How orange is Lewis Haldane? Jeebus. Oh and Paul Parker just said "cunts"... He went to say Constable but paused on the first syllable for long enough to make it amusing. Lovely.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Thursday, October 9, 2008, 19:30:38 »

When I noticed Oxfrod were playing on a thursday night I immediately put a bet on Torquay to win Cheesy

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Thursday, October 9, 2008, 21:27:36 »

89th Minute equaliser. Jammy Cunts.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Thursday, October 9, 2008, 22:01:13 »

Cuuuuunts. Now I hate them even more.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Thursday, October 9, 2008, 23:33:45 »

Fucking hell how many more times do us lot have to bang on about the fucking pox losing just before the fuckers equalise or win.  Can we not mention them until they actually lose next time?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #205 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 17:22:23 »

They got beat again today... Shame
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 17:24:18 »

Something went well on the footie front this weekend then.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 17:44:01 »

Nowadays, Oxford getting beat is like a fifteen degree day... aint nobody got nothing to say about a fifteen degree day. Twenty five? That'll bring a smile on your face. Thirty? Shit, we be damn near barbecuin' out that motherfucka...
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 16:47:10 »

deservedly resurrected.
lambourn red

« Reply #209 on: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 21:08:39 »

Things not looking good for them more rumours of financial meltdown and their fans still dreaming of getting Pardew,Cotteril, curbishley to name a few as a potential replacement for their manager soapy tit wank
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: