Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bill Power court case  (Read 47404 times)
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:25:14 »

I think he is moaning about the legal expenses he may have to pay - the indemnity is probably just for the million to Bill Power.
Possible outcomes
BP loses he pays all expenses
BP loses he pays his expenses STFC pay theirs
STFC loses they pay BP his million (payed by Wills) STFC pay all the expenses
STFC loses they pay BP his million (payed by Wills) STFC pay just their expenses
So there are 3 out of 4 scenarios where AF is out of pocket - he must have known this

The only difference for me now is that I won't buy the 3 year season ticket, no big deal. It's a shame this wasn't sorted earlier (or I could bothered to hang on for a few weeks.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #91 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:27:03 »

FOR ONCE

SHUT UP GAZ

Doesn't matter what I say or do. People ALWAYS have to take the piss out of me for, I have an opinion that people dont agree with and its wrong. I get a tattoo done, and people take the piss even though they don't see it, i say "oh had a laugh with Lee Peacock on shirt sponsors day" and I get a "OHHHH GAZZA AND LEE ARE GAY BOYS" response,  Bollocks to it. Had enough of it.

I try my hardest to give my opinon backing up why I think things and instead of getting a reasoned response I always seem to get a "shut the fuck up", no matter what I say, Doesnt matter someone has to always say NO YOUR A CUNT, YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE, YOUR WRONG, YOUR A FAT CUNT. Fuck it, I know people will say “oh your full of shit” because I don’t talk to people at the club and others do on this forum, they are obviously in the know, where as I guess or give a reason why I think something and its "oh no your wrong" .

What makes other peoples opinions anymore valid than mine? Is it because you have been going to games longer than me? Because I am not part of a clique? Slag me off, say I throw my toys out I have gone past caring now, I dont care I won't respond to it because whatever I will say someone will take the piss ofcourse. Had enough of it. This is supposed to be a message board full of opinions but no matter what I post, I always get knocked down over it,  Fuck it.

People are always quick to come to me if they want something, and I don't expect Thank You's or anything beceause I am not like that, I dont do things for self gain but I am sick of being the butt of everyones jokes and being taken advantage of.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:29:05 by STFC_Gazza » Logged
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:29:00 »

are you all happy now boys - you've destroyed him - shame on you!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:31:22 »

Its just a typical kneejerk reaction from you though Gaz isnt it ?

If you are going to post silly comments like that then you need to be prepared to be shot down and to take some flak.

I notice that you have not made the same personal assumptions on your own forum, so why here ?

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:32:59 »

People are always quick to come to me if they want something, and I don't expect Thank You's or anything beceause I am not like that, I dont do things for self gain but I am sick of being the butt of everyones jokes and being taken advantage of.

As I have never asked you for anything then I cant seem to think why that statement is relevant
flammableBen

« Reply #95 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:33:50 »

Uh-oh. He's gone Chernobyl.

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:34:29 »

*spits coffee over keyboard*
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #97 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:36:04 »

As I have never asked you for anything then I cant seem to think why that statement is relevant

The post wasn't referring to you necessarily its people in general.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:40:21 »

To be fair to gazza this line
ANDREW Fitton has warned that asking his board of directors to “put their hands in their pockets to fight someone else’s battle’’ could prove a step too far for Swindon Town’s current backers.

did make me think it may mean fitton and co could leave

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:41:07 »

Mr Fitton is the head honcho of a charity, that does a bit for Chernobyl affected kids, perhaps Gazza could get on the list. They get free tickets and stuff.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:43:10 »

are you all happy now boys - you've destroyed him - shame on you!

He's offically blown a gazket...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:44:23 »

Me too. But as it was pointed out to me elsewhere, this is the Adver comment and not a direct quote. It's easy to rephrase something to give a different impression than was intended. We'll have to see.

Does anyone actually KNOW what indemnity the Wills provided. I don't recall hearing a proper definition. It does seem as though Fitton thought the Wills would pay for everything, costs and settlement.

Hey ho, the judgement hasn't even been given yet.
flammableBen

« Reply #102 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:48:04 »

Yeah Fred you cunt.

Although with the current state of adver journalism it's generally best to ignore the fluffy bits and stick to the full quotes, not just 4 words with replaced context.

“When we acquired the club, the Wills family agreed to indemnify us against any claims that we might have from the litigation – that is a matter of record,”

“From the moment we became involved it was agreed that the previous owners would run the litigation.

“But their holding company went into administration so we have taken the bullet and had to run the case.

“It has cost close to half-a-million-pounds in legal costs for something that we are nothing to do with and it’s very frustrating – apart from anything else it is distracting management from the real task of sorting out this club and restoring it to good health.

“From our point of view this situation is putting the club at risk. Why should people like Sir Martyn Arbib and Andrew Black put their hands in their pockets to fight someone else’s battle?”

“These things should never go to court. Court is not the answer,”

“If they had settled when we told them to settle it would have cost a whole lot less.

“This thing is hanging over the club’s head and we cannot get it to go away because it is not our fault – but ultimately the club is going to pay the price.”

“Let’s see what happens. We have to hope for the best and plan for the worst,”

It reads more to me like a warning that any cost will be at the expense of the football budget and not something they'll just blindly stump up for.

Anyway, as we know from all the old stuff. Football boards just can't walk. The current lot have a responsibility for a continuing business whether they like it or not.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:49:46 »

He's offically blown a gazket...

Cheesy
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 09:52:18 »

Exactly

It will be down to the football club to finance the debt, albeit through the sale of a player(s)

NOT the personal wealth of our backers

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: