Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 1215 [1216] 1217 1218 1219 ... 1230   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4413381 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #18225 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 20:01:40 »

What is the event? Never saw it advertised anywhere?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #18226 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 20:48:01 »

What is the event? Never saw it advertised anywhere?

It’s a 30th Anniversary dinner for the Premier League season.
It has been organised & compared (sort of) by Phil King.
I found out about it through the OSC, who have two tables.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #18227 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 22:10:35 »

Just got back from it. Excellent evening, didn’t realise Gorman had been very ill recently but made an incredible effort to be there. He spoke really well too. They were all in very good form especially Jan.

Such an enjoyable night however, now all I can think about is how incredibly far away from that we are, and what a horrific state this football club is in.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #18228 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 23:55:01 »

Just got back from it. Excellent evening, didn’t realise Gorman had been very ill recently but made an incredible effort to be there. He spoke really well too. They were all in very good form especially Jan.

Such an enjoyable night however, now all I can think about is how incredibly far away from that we are, and what a horrific state this football club is in.

was it purely historical chat or was there any reference at all regarding the shambles we see today?

Im sure phil king would have jumping to any defence for clem
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #18229 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 00:54:03 »

Only a few months after that season was the last time any real investment occurred in the infrastructure of the club.  Since then we've been relying on the vain hope of some sort of footballing miracle being dragged out of the Swamp of Sadness, when everyone knows you just get the bones of Artax.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #18230 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 04:00:30 »

Was there an auction with any nice stuff ?

I come from a land down-under
tans

Ignore
« Reply #18231 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 05:21:22 »

Was it only select people invited then? It wasnt advertised anywhere?

Shame the club couldnt open it up?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #18232 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 05:52:50 »

'

'Private event - No Freeloaders'

I come from a land down-under
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #18233 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 06:40:18 »

I was there and the legends lounge was full, i think there were 300+ people there of all types of fans as well so it must have been talked about somewhere.

It was a very good evening honestly. Mildenhall was there and i did take note of him nodding vigorously when the old players were talking about criticism and giving each other abuse to motivate each other and how you can say boo to a player today without them getting upset!
stfcjack

Ignore
« Reply #18234 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 06:59:01 »

was it purely historical chat or was there any reference at all regarding the shambles we see today?

Im sure phil king would have jumping to any defence for clem

Yeah there was a bit of chat about modern times, they were all very sad to see the state of the club today, Bodin gave a bit of a talk on how we are so tactically wrong and how we could improve. Listening to Lingy was interesting, he said how leaving after his 9 week spell as manager was the biggest regret of his career but he unfortunately had to do what he did, has since been successful with Orient being DoF from their rise up from non league, and in a non arrogant way said he was the exact type person Swindon need in that role.

Some great auction prizes including a framed signed shirt from time and signed posters etc, way out my price range though, think they raised around £8.5k for charity.

Don’t think it was a closed shop as such, got my ticket though a friend but it was mostly the same people there as are at most of the events Phil King puts on.
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #18235 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 06:59:58 »

'

'Private event - No Freeloaders'

Ha Ha I fooled them, I sneaked in 😂

Don’t think it was being run by the club, so I guess it’s not down to them to advertise. I assume Phil King booked the LL privately.

There was some discussion about the current state, Martin Ling did say that in his opinion the thing that was missing was an experienced DOF (did rule himself out as an option as it was too far from home).
tans

Ignore
« Reply #18236 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 07:22:15 »

The club are missing a trick not doing things like this themselves imo
stfcjack

Ignore
« Reply #18237 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 07:39:39 »

The club are missing a trick not doing things like this themselves imo

The club would have fucked it up if they ran it
tans

Ignore
« Reply #18238 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 07:46:00 »

True Cheesy
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #18239 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 08:16:19 »

They don’t have the right contacts.

Was interesting to hear a few of them (Ling & Fjortoft in particular) being quite critical of McMahon.
Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 1215 [1216] 1217 1218 1219 ... 1230   Go Up
Print
Jump to: