Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris Dancing  (Read 39730 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 09:28:35 »

Spot on, good managers adapt to the level. Different levels i know but Duncan Shearer said it on the pod best, after about a month of training with the players Geln Hoddlr was taken by the Micky Hazard to one side and told that if he wants to do well he needs to understand the players can't do what he can and he needs to manage that beter

Perhaps one of our midfielders could be the new Micky Hazard soapy tit wank
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 09:31:30 »

Spot on, good managers adapt to the level. Different levels i know but Duncan Shearer said it on the pod best, after about a month of training with the players Geln Hoddlr was taken by the Micky Hazard to one side and told that if he wants to do well he needs to understand the players can't do what he can and he needs to manage that beter

I get that but it’s not even that is it.
Just play your centre backs at centre back and your left backs at left back.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 09:32:15 »

Khan has quite a good turning circle.

Can he drive a taxi?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 09:41:56 »

It's fair (possibly) for Morris to be given the summer then see how the team gets on in first 12-15 games next season.

Wouldn't lose any sleep if he walked or was pushed though.
Difficult to see any wins from the final 6 games.

Does the current run warrant the dreaded vote of confidence?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 09:42:47 »

I've been reluctant to criticize Morris thus far for a number of reasons. What Sandro did in Jan with selling McDonald, Reed and Gladwin, his first few games where things went against him with sendings off and injuries etc.

However reevaluating now its a travesty how bad he has made us. Of the 3 senior players sold, Reed barely played, so it was really just 2 of them. Is FBT at CB and Tomlinson at LB really worse than McDonald at CB and FBT at LB? Maybe marginally. Gladwin was the biggest blow.

Too many players have gone backwards, probably some of the ones that wanted to leave in Jan (Williams/Hutton?). Clayton? To me he looked like a great prospect alongside McDonald, now he didn't even make the squad on Friday and we had a full back playing at CB! Khan has looked ineffective, Wakeling looks nowhere near the early season player (that amusingly got a 3 year contract based on what 10 games?!)

The team needs to show something in these last 6 games, otherwise i'm not sure how the club can trust him with the rebuild. This is nothing like the back half of the season Wellens took over.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 09:44:34 »

It's fair (possibly) for Morris to be given the summer then see how the team gets on in first 12-15 games next season.

Wouldn't lose any sleep if he walked or was pushed though.
Difficult to see any wins from the final 6 games.

Does the current run warrant the dreaded vote of confidence?

The problem is - if we give him 15 games with his own players and the performances are still as awful as they are now - then he gets sacked. Then we get a new manager in and he’ll need to be given time to get his own players in of which he’ll probably only be able to get a few in, in January so will need to be given the summer and 15 games into the next season with his own team and all of a sudden that’s another year gone
DMC

« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 09:53:39 »

What also worries me is the dropping of players and where they are playing. Friday and Monday Wakeling Shade and Darcy (sub yesterdaay) played 3 different positions. Added to that ,the defence has conced until yesterday 11 goals in 4 games and he changes absolutely nothing apart from Hutton, who despite being poor has still been better than the others back there recently
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 09:55:19 »

I'm generally fairly positive and whilst I do think that there have been signs of 'improvement' (ignoring the results, which of course is the whole point of the 90 minutes so humour me) on the pitch. I actually still think that Morris potentially could get a tune out of players the way he goes about it. I just don't think it's this set of players and the rot has set in. We still pop the ball about nicely at times, but as was the issue under SL, we woefully under test opposition keepers. Too many mistakes at the back as well. Playing a possession based game your defenders have to be properly switched on, Tranmere were awful first half yesterday, we had the ball most of the time but went in behind at half time.

So many things wrong at the moment, I think someone else said that it's like when you are playing football manager and you just can't get a win you start doing random things you'd never dream of doing. Surely Morris has to go back to basics a bit, play an easy formation the players understand, play the best players in those positions, (I get we have a few players that don't really have a 'best' position) get the ball into the box to Charlie Austin, and go from there. Also, why not play Minturn (he's done nothing wrong and needs first team football for development) and Adeloye (he's scored goals in the development matches) more often, or at least have them on the bench. Jeff Cott has shown the square root of nothing in this loan spell, why not see if we can get our own contracted striker off and running?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 10:02:29 »

The problem is - if we give him 15 games with his own players and the performances are still as awful as they are now - then he gets sacked. Then we get a new manager in and he’ll need to be given time to get his own players in of which he’ll probably only be able to get a few in, in January so will need to be given the summer and 15 games into the next season with his own team and all of a sudden that’s another year gone

Yeah, it could become an unwanted cycle of manager churn, although arguably we have that at the moment, albeit managers have been leaving of their own accord.

In theory this is where the "model" or "project" comes in.
In that the next coach should be able to pick up where the last one left off.
Clearly that isn't working for whatever reason.
In theory (again) this group of players should be ready made for Morris to improve & get some results with as a group.

Maybe I'm saying that Morris should be given some time more out of a need to see some stability & continuity on the management / coaching front as opposed to a strongly held belief that he will come good.

Crap!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 10:31:09 »

Morris to be sacked according to reports.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 10:33:20 »

Give it Gunning until the end of the season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DMC

« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 10:39:38 »

Where have you seen that buddy
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 10:40:18 »

Is your source reliable Joe

So, give no fucks
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 10:48:13 »

oh dear...

In a way this would be a real shame and a total major disappointment.
Outsider83

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 10:48:21 »

What reports?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: