Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 42   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Exeter pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 35463 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 13:09:37 »

Not a bad Nadine Dorries impression.

Nobody cares what you think either.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 13:10:50 »

Ooh, feeling a bit bitchy today 4D?
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 13:33:53 »

Crying Crying Crying

The man was mean on the internet.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 14:52:54 »

But what you’ve just said there is our problem all over, in complimenting him you don’t mention what should be his core skill….defending. Conroy is a non-league centre back with a league 1 passing range, one shouldn’t negate the other. Conroy should either be in the team as a deep lying centre midfielder to utilise those attributes (but he isn’t mobile enough) or not at all. Instead he’s shoehorned into the team and it becomes an issue when his defensive frailties are exposed, I think we’d all agree with one thing for sure though and that is that he’s not a captain.

We then have the same problem in midfield where we are constantly looking to shoehorn Gladwin, Williams, McKirdy and now Barry into the same team and as a result you end up with the last 20 minutes yesterday where we arguably had our worst midfield ever because there wasn’t actually one.

“non league centre back.”
I’ve heard it all now 😂
Still we all have opinions. I wouldn’t put Conroy in midfield by the way.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 14:59:54 »

I wouldn’t either but get the impression (rightly or wrongly) that it’s right up Garners street.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 15:05:01 »

The Grant situation remains one of the main concerns I have with Garner. To quote an earlier poster with Garner having ‘weak as piss’ management skills I can’t see him ever signing strong personalities or proper leaders who just want to win. I don’t think Garner would be capable of managing this type of player or risk a player having more influence than he does and that will remain to our detriment.

Agree. Rightly or wrongly Grant was shunned from the team and what concerns me the most is the absolute insistence on always thinking you can pass your way to 3 points. Tbf Garner in the presser yesterday did say that Lyden and Davison going off was costly for us as it affected our ability to be physical… but then why did we get rid of Grant or not replace him with a similar aggressive central midfielder. Sometimes you have to grind out results and it feels like we only win games when we pass teams off the park (which hasn’t happened recently). We’ve got to start finding ways to win ugly at times, otherwise we won’t be a top 7 team…
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 15:47:14 »

Agree. Rightly or wrongly Grant was shunned from the team and what concerns me the most is the absolute insistence on always thinking you can pass your way to 3 points. Tbf Garner in the presser yesterday did say that Lyden and Davison going off was costly for us as it affected our ability to be physical… but then why did we get rid of Grant or not replace him with a similar aggressive central midfielder. Sometimes you have to grind out results and it feels like we only win games when we pass teams off the park (which hasn’t happened recently). We’ve got to start finding ways to win ugly at times, otherwise we won’t be a top 7 team…

Agree with this.
When the game gets ugly or you need to dig deep in midfield we just don’t have the players (or player).
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 15:48:54 »

Lyden out for 8 weeks.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 15:49:45 »

That's him gone in the summer then!

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 15:52:29 »

so frustrating, but no point in keeping him with his injury record
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 15:54:05 »

Shame as he definitely has quality but always likely to miss loads of games throughout the season.

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 15:55:30 »

Lyden out for 8 weeks.
Really?! So we’ve got to get through the rest of the season with one central midfielder as going off yesterday East doesn’t seem trusted.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 15:56:23 »

Conroy😀

So, give no fucks
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 16:34:49 »

Lyden out for 8 weeks.

Where's that come from? Thought Garner said it was just a dead leg
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 16:37:10 »

Where's that come from? Thought Garner said it was just a dead leg

Yeah I can’t see this anywhere either but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true. Garner probably feels silly re: Grant now. It may trigger a change of formation.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 42   Go Up
Print
Jump to: