Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town's FA Cup date with Wigan set to draw huge crowd  (Read 17147 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 11:25:10 »

And a parking nightmare................

Parking spaces have to be booked in advance for those wanting to use St Joeys car park on - 0844 8801099 £5 per car.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 12:44:15 »

Only 25 tickets now remain unsold, looks like it will be a total sell out, lovely jubbly.

jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 12:46:39 »

Only 25 tickets now remain unsold, looks like it will be a total sell out, lovely jubbly.
Not in the Wigan end, their website says there are tickets available on the day in their end.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 12:55:14 »

What's our capacity these days, still around 15k?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 13:38:45 »

Not in the Wigan end, their website says there are tickets available on the day in their end.

Less than 100 were available yesterday.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 13:40:24 »

What's our capacity these days, still around 15k?

I believe its 14,700, so even with Wigans not quite selling out it should be at minimum 14,500.

london_red

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 13:45:26 »

So we'll have about 3k more Swindon fans at this than at the Oxford game. Surprised this has proved to be the bigger draw for the non-regulars.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 13:47:33 »

So we'll have about 3k more Swindon fans at this than at the Oxford game. Surprised this has proved to be the bigger draw for the non-regulars.
I don't get that.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 13:50:36 »

I believe its 14,700, so even with Wigans not quite selling out it should be at minimum 14,500.

I wouldn't think so - doesn't that part of the North Stand hold around 1,500 ?  If Wigan only took 500 that will leave 1000 empty seats - and I guess they can't put Swindon in the Wigan end....

I would think more like 13,500 at most - which is still a bloody good number !!

Wise men say........
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 13:54:48 »

I don't get that.

Just that the attendance for the home game against Oxford was a bit over 12k, and obviously they had a bigger allocation than Wigan. So there was less demand for that match than this FA Cup game from our fans, which I find mildly surprising. Unless I'm missing something re: segregation or what have you that meant that 12 and a bit thousand was effectively a sell out.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 13:57:19 »

I wouldn't think so - doesn't that part of the North Stand hold around 1,500 ?  If Wigan only took 500 that will leave 1000 empty seats - and I guess they can't put Swindon in the Wigan end....

I would think more like 13,500 at most - which is still a bloody good number !!

You could well be right, but as you say 13,500 would still be brilliant and we will make it a fortress for them, they will come thinking we are a lower league team waiting to be turned over.

I hope we make it a cauldron of noise for them, make them shit themselves at the prospect of playing us.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 13:58:57 »

Just that the attendance for the home game against Oxford was a bit over 12k, and obviously they had a bigger allocation than Wigan. So there was less demand for that match than this FA Cup game from our fans, which I find mildly surprising. Unless I'm missing something re: segregation or what have you that meant that 12 and a bit thousand was effectively a sell out.

I know exactly what you are saying but I don't remember either us or Pox saying we or they had actually sold out fully of tickets for that game, but yes there would be probably a bit more segregation involved for that game hence a few less tickets sold.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 13:59:41 »

sorry, I meant that I can't understand why the Wigan game is a bigger draw than Oxford.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 14:03:59 »

sorry, I meant that I can't understand why the Wigan game is a bigger draw than Oxford.

Ah, yeah exactly. Prem team, but not exactly star-packed and will be sending their reserves/kids.

Still, always good to get more people to come and watch the side. Hopefully we put on a good performance and at least a few come back again for the rest of the season.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 14:09:38 »

Ah, yeah exactly. Prem team, but not exactly star-packed and will be sending their reserves/kids.

Still, always good to get more people to come and watch the side. Hopefully we put on a good performance and at least a few come back again for the rest of the season.

A few reasons for this game being more of a draw than the Oxford game off the top of my head

1. Its not a silly early kick off on a Sunday
2. Tickets are cheaper
3. People aren't frightened off by the potential for trouble that would have been around for the Pox game.
4. The lure of the Premiership team (even though it is only Wigan)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: