Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Cooper set to be named permanent manager  (Read 68769 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:35:39 »

Cooper is proven to be shit. Fact.

Not a fact at all. He actually has a pretty decent record overall.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:39:14 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Cooper_(footballer_born_1968)

For those unable to Google and i only just have looked in detail at his managerial record. It's a bit of a mixed bag to be honest. I knew about his stint at P'boro but he only had 13 games there and was probably too big a jump at the time. Some of his non-league stuff is pretty good and looks like we might get a cup run this year.

Anyway, all of this means fuck all, it's what we do in the here and now. Let's give the bloke a chance at least. OK we're unlikely to win the league this season but the football (bar Saturday) on offer has been a hell of a lot better than I was expecting this season that's for sure.
I'd forgotten about his stint at Darlington, we must be like a paradise by comparison
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 09:18:50 »

Not a fact at all. He actually has a pretty decent record overall.

I need to specify League football really. Sorry. We are a league side and I judge on that basis.
We are not FGR or Salisbury FFS....so excuse my lack of enthusiasm!

In non league its feast or famine......Canvey Island going to rat shit to keep Tamworth in the league ala FGR.....or a trophy final and a promotion albeit in the CONF north (where he was sacked for 'relegation form)...few nice cup runs.

In the league it's been pretty shit...argue with one win in 13....he's only got one league win here so far!

Boiled down i (personally) am disappointed but not surprised.

If i was a fan of Hyde United then i would be well happy but im not....I follow and love Swindon Town and IMO we could and should of done better ref the manager.

We now just have to get on with it and wait and see what happens.

I will not boo him or call for his head until we are well and truly in the shit.

I will not miss games, not travel away or boo players etc etc.

I promise to recall this thread in April/May and post a review. I sincerely hope its a massive fucking portion of humble pie that i will be eating.

Still looking forward to Saturday.

Clems Army!
china red

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 09:32:48 »

Peterborough were in the shit when he joined anyway, don't forget he replaced the fired Ferguson, was followed by Gannon and Johnson in the same season who continued the downward spiral.  Don't think we can judge his managerial ability on 13 games in charge there.

I really believe if he gets the job (has it been confirmed yet?) that we should get behind him and give him some time, he's spent time in non league, he's not inexperiened as a manager and has gone through some tough times at Tamworth, Kettering and Darlo. 

Still think we'll make a couple more signings before transfer window closes which can make a big difference.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 09:33:08 »

More than fair opinion, FLASH.

Personally, with all the turnover in the last few months anyway can see the sense in continuing with someone who's already got a rapport with the players and seems happy and able to implement the style the board want on the pitch.

May well come unstuck and prove to be a mistake, but only fair to give the guy a chance and our support now he's got the job officially.

Not enamoured with everything this board have done on the playing side, and still think the recruitment policy has left us lacking experience (if Ward were to be suspended/injured feel like we'd be fucked) but in my opinion they're making a reasonable effort of a tough rebuilding job, and can't understand the overly outraged response of some fans to this appointment.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 09:43:21 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA 31s
Press conference at 4pm at the County Ground.
https://twitter.com/SamMorshead_SA/status/369756277720629248
fatbasher

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 09:46:51 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA 31s
Press conference at 4pm at the County Ground.
https://twitter.com/SamMorshead_SA/status/369756277720629248

Is Sam going?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 09:47:21 »

Is Sam going?
I'm not his secretary, just sharing his tweet.
fatbasher

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 09:50:23 »

I'm not his secretary, just sharing his tweet.

Then you answer should have been "I don't know".
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 09:57:25 »

Is Sam going?

There's a press conference at 4:00 pm to announce that Morshead is going?...just leaves Cox, Navarro, Benson and Caddis now.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:05:40 »

Peterborough were in the shit when he joined anyway, don't forget he replaced the fired Ferguson, was followed by Gannon and Johnson in the same season who continued the downward spiral. 

Don't think we can judge his managerial ability on 13 games in charge there.

Why not? Peterborough's board and supporters did.

Darlington chairman quotes when Cooper was fired in 2011:

"Results have been nowhere near where we wanted them"

"I supported Mark with a strong budget and I backed his judgement in bringing in a number of new players, even up to last week when we brought in two new players, because we wanted to give him every chance to turn this around.

"I decided to publicly back Mark a fortnight ago and we were lifted by wins over Stockport and Kidderminster, but the last two results and, more importantly, the manner of the defeats were, for me, the final straw."

From Tamworth in 2008 when Cooper was sacked, leaving the club bottom. (Where he also left Telford and Peterborough)

The Lambs are currently bottom of the Conference following a recent run of poor form.

A club statement said: "This follows concern over the league form and the position the club finds itself in."

Enough warning signs for everyone?Huh?

Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:09:40 »

Glad to hear this news.....not too bothered about his record as he doesn`t seem to have done this too long. I like the style of football he is trying. The club was fortunate to find someone ( Jed and his cronies ) to bail them out after DiCanio`s chaos....the alternative was a manager who had done the rounds in the lower leagues and got nowhere. The club have precious little money so looking to survive in this league has to be the first aim. I have no problem giving Cooper a chance...good luck to him.

Bathtime
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:13:45 »

Enough warning signs for everyone?Huh?

Records mean very little in reality as circumstances at clubs vary hugely and even if you do take them as warning signs, what can we realistically do? Why are we supposed to heed these warning signs?

We've had numerous managers who have been successful here but indifferent elsewhere. Admittedly, very rarely - if ever - do managers with records bordering on distinctly average/poor suddenly succeed.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:20:19 »

Records mean very little in reality as circumstances at clubs vary hugely and even if you do take them as warning signs, what can we realistically do? Why are we supposed to heed these warning signs?

We've had numerous managers who have been successful here but indifferent elsewhere. Admittedly, very rarely - if ever - do managers with records bordering on distinctly average/poor suddenly succeed.

I would say realistically we appoint a manager with a little more league experience and perhaps a promotion under his belt. I'm not asking for Carlo Ancelotti, Paul cunting Tisdale would do...

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:22:33 »

I would say realistically we appoint a manager with a little more league experience and perhaps a promotion under his belt. I'm not asking for Carlo Ancelotti, Paul cunting Tisdale would do...
Given that we've had to sell any player worth a transfer fee and haven't got a pot to piss in, how are we realistically going to pay compensation for Tisdale, or anyone else currently employed?

The point I was making was more along the lines of what we can do as fans - nothing wrong with debating his record, some think it's decent, others think it's awful - but if he's appointed there's not much use in not backing him and giving him a chance.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: