Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friendlies 2013  (Read 116636 times)
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 20:20:26 »

I'd LOVE to see Storey bang in a few this season.

Yes, seems a nice chap from best I can tell, having never met him.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 20:20:38 »

I'd LOVE to see Storey bang in a few this season.

He'll be a Brentford player by January.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 20:23:26 »

He'll be a Brentford player by January.

Haha, they'll sign him because although he missed his penalty against them, he's still better than Trotta....at least Storey's was on target..........

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 20:44:59 »

Left with just over 5 mins left, missed 2 goals Smiley

Anyway the first half we looked a lot sharper in passing, as you'd hope. Back 4 looked solid but not really tested.

In midfield Luongo ran the show. Pritchard was lively too.  Reis unsurprisingly looked well short of match fitness and had a poor game getting caught in possession too much, yet he also seemed to have something about him.

Up top Williams looked a bit isolated, looking to run into the channels. Missed the obligatory sitter, though this was a header and was probably harder than it looked.

Second half was fairly uneventful, goals aside. Ciren had a bit more of the play. TAH and JMac played but are a bit short of fitness. Not much to say really.

In all a good workout, and its again difficult to judge anything. The pitch was good but perhaps not league standard. Plus the fact we have games Sat, Tues, Sat, well they were never going to go 100% were they.

Probably just me but its a shame Caddis, Benson and Luke Rooney are effectively frozen out. Makes no sense to me.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 20:48:12 by Batch » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 20:47:20 »

Thanks for report batch. I agree it's a shame the 3 you mentioned can't be involved in the squad.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 20:48:38 »

Probably just me but its a shame Caddis, Benson and Luke Rooney are effectively frozen out. Makes no sense to me.

Agreed. At the end of the day we pay their wages, and by playing and doing well, will be put in the 'shop window'.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 20:50:13 »

Left with just over 5 mins left, missed 2 goals Smiley

Anyway the first half we looked a lot sharper in passing, as you'd hope. Back 4 looked solid but not really tested.

In midfield Luongo ran the show. Pritchard was lively too.  Reis unsurprisingly looked well short of match fitness and had a poor game getting caught in possession too much, yet he also seemed to have something about him.

Up top Williams looked a bit isolated, looking to run into the channels. Missed the obligatory sitter, though this was a header and was probably harder than it looked.

Second half was fairly uneventful, goals aside. Ciren had a bit more of the play. TAH and JMac played but are a bit short of fitness. Not much to say really.

It's not just you, I'd like to see them involved....there doesn't seem to be a reason as to why they're not involved? It's not like they're signing for anyone imminently? After all, we're still paying them.....

Roaming the land while you sleep..
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 20:53:29 »

Makes no sense to me.

Me neither, unless it is finance-related.

It would be nice if the Board explained why.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:17:35 »

Thought we played well 1st half. Got the ball down and played with the midfield 3 of harley, mason and louongo very impressive against hard working but limited opposition.

Pritchard is going to be a star. Great finish from a narrow angle and hit the angle from the edge of the box.

2nd half was dull. Liked the iraqi lad though, strong and tidy. Agombar isnt THAT bad, I've seen worse in an STFC shirt although I can't see him playing much or at all. The Brazilian (branco?) played defensive midfield and was okish.

We need a center forward unless williams finds some form soon. Storey isnt anywhere near ready to be a regular starter
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:18:06 »

Thanks for the feed back Batch. Agree with Leftside, it would be good to get an update on the players not involved in the Portugal trip and tonight. Does it mean they'll never play for us again?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:28:09 »

Was very impressed with Reis and Harley. The first XI look like they could do some damage going forward. The only weak link for me was Williams, who doesn't seem to suit the role he was playing. Considering all the shit I've read about him, I thought Agombar was tidy. Not quite there for a League One side, but with some development he could definitely be handy for a 3rd level side.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:29:51 »

Totally agree. Having those names in there would make a world of difference to our bench.

I actually think Benson is better suited to playing the lone striker role than Williams.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:32:27 »

Was very impressed with Reis

Seen a couple of people praise him. I think I should qualify my comment of having a poor game.

Physically he looks good. Good movement. Willing to take the ball and willing to battle to get it back after a mistake. Hence 'has something about him'.

The 'poor game' came about because nearly every time he got the ball he took too long to pass or shoot or gave the ball away!

It definitely felt like he was a couple of weeks behind in terms of match sharpness. Reckon he'll be handy assuming the expected sharpening up comes.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:34:13 »

I actually think Benson is better suited to playing the lone striker role than Williams.

Totally agree. The midfield was very fluid 1st half tonight (in a good way) it just looked like it needed a centre forward who would stay central and do the basics well and allow the other 5 to link up. Benson or collins could do this. Williams can't really
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 21:34:41 »

Me neither, unless it is finance-related.

It would be nice if the Board explained why.
If it's to do with players, should be the manager explains why they're being left out. The board should keep well out of commenting on playing side (and that's not just this board, but any board) until it's time to explain that the manager's been sacked because results/performances weren't good enough or the occasional   vague "Are You Being Served?" Young Mr Young style "You're all doing terribly well" if things are OK.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: