Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Daniel Boateng  (Read 16396 times)
Navyred stfc

« Reply #90 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 14:49:06 »

Cheers, Devera will have to do a job on Constable, he seems to have picked up a bit for them.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 19:23:57 »

I wouldn't jeer and boo any of our players and I know he's only made 2 appearances, so won't say he's shit. What I would say however is that his performance on Tuesday night was ropey as fuck.

Someone earlier in this thread said his positional play was good? Do me a favour, he was all over the place, sometimes appearing to mark the same player as Mcormack! Heading was woeful, lost out on most of them and when he did win one the direction the ball went was random to say the least.

Maybe I'm being over critical, but for me he doesn't look ready to be playing in our first team and I'd rather have Risser as a replacement CB. 

It's All Good..............
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 19:29:21 »

Someone earlier in this thread said his positional play was good? Do me a favour, he was all over the place

I have beensaying he had slightly better positional sense than Jerel Ifil (mean't when not next to an experienced head like Adi Williams)....that's definitely not a compliment.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 19:31:35 »

I have beensaying he had slightly better positional sense than Jerel Ifil (mean't when not next to an experienced head like Adi Williams)....that's definitely not a compliment.

Haha, a headless chicken had better positional sense than Jerel!

It's All Good..............
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 19:11:23 »

Not sure about that, even though its early days. Take Steven Cauker, (CB, Yeo/Slavers/Swans) was at Yeovil at, what, 18 years old, had both the pace and physical attributes needed. More importantly he has a football brain - not sure DB has, or will have, that. Granted I've only seen him the twice.

We had a great example of a young player going places on Tuesday. Grandison, Shrews no. 2, also a CB, won just about everything thrown at him, and he's only 21. OK Daniel is 2 years younger. He needs to play a season prob. lower down than us but would Arsenal want that?

How old is Flint? 21? He's been superb this season and will get better and better. No pace, granted... but we've an embarrassment of riches with Devera able to slot in.

To think, last time we were in the 2nd tier, at times we were scraping around with Willis and Davies at the back and no cover, and Young and Quinn up top.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 20:19:40 »

with... Davies at the back

Don't think he played much, he was our very own sick note. Actually pulled a hamstring heading a ball back to the keeper once.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 00:05:17 »

To think, last time we were in the 2nd tier, at times we were scraping around with Willis and Davies at the back and no cover, and Young and Quinn up top.

yes - but we finished bottom as befits a team that would have struggled in the 3rd tier.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 18:31:21 »

Daniel Boateng has been recalled by Arsenal. He might be in Gunners squad tonight, was always going to happen if he didnt get games....
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 18:33:10 »

Can't say I'm that gutted.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 18:35:02 »

He wasn't recalled, he was sent back.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 18:40:56 »

Not a great loss. Have there been any updates on Flint? Last I heard was injury was not as serious as first thought?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 18:47:57 »

He wasn't recalled, he was sent back.

Official club twitter says he was recalled.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 19:17:47 »

Daniel Boateng has been recalled by Arsenal. He might be in Gunners squad tonight,

If that bit is true, they really are in the shit
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 19:32:27 »

If that bit is true, they really are in the shit
Confirmed by Jeremy Wray that he has gone back hoping to be on the bench tonight.

EDIT.

He didn't get on the bench in the end.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 23:20:01 »

Heard a rumour at the ground tonight that he was arrested on Saturday evening - have no idea of the source or if it is even true.  Hope for his sake that it is just a malicious rumour.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: