Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Daniel Boateng  (Read 16594 times)
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 08:10:38 »

Didn't see him on Sat, but was there last night.  He was certainly fast, but we only saw that because he was caught out of position so often.  To be fair there was one occasion in the first half where he sprinted back almost half the pitch and easily got the ball from their striker who had passed him by.  It's a hard one to call.  Can anyone be judged on his second performance, and from a team performance that generally was way below par.  The huge gaps in midfield left the back four horribly exposed at times - but he clearly did not have the confidence to do a mccormack - and it was McC who was caught out in the 'penalty' decision.

There must be more to him for him to have such a prominent role in the Arsenal reserves, but can we risk waiting for him to settle.  I hope Devera will be fit for Sat - although I guess Accrington is the kind of team who in other circumstances might provide the opportunity to give Boateng more experience.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 08:17:50 »

There must be more to him for him to have such a prominent role in the Arsenal reserves, but can we risk waiting for him to settle.  I hope Devera will be fit for Sat - although I guess Accrington is the kind of team who in other circumstances might provide the opportunity to give Boateng more experience.

I agree with this. We need a fit Devera not a half crocked one, at least until Flint is available again. I'd have no problem with Risser on the bench covering a number of roles. Let's just be thankful that we're not missing McCormack for the next three games.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 08:18:29 »

Its probably been said, but he reminded me of Jerel Ifil last night.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 10:59:42 »

That's the problem isn't it. He could turn out to be brilliant after a dozen games, can't give him that long while we are going for promotion.

But as Paolo said, he has been brought in as cover and thats exactly what hes done so far. I would imagine Devera will be back on Saturday.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 22:18:25 »

Its probably been said, but he reminded me of Jerel Ifil last night.

Exactly my thoughts, no distribution but quick as fuck. He has better positioning sense in fairness to him though.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 09:32:21 »

He's a young lad coming to terms with the pace and physicality of league football, will no doubt improve with time.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 09:39:46 »

Ive said it before about prem / champ kids who come to us.  All good physical specimens, all good speed, maybe some raw skill on the ball, no bloody football brain.  Maybe they'll get it and at a team with little to play for in the lower divisions, fine, but not in a team going for the league in a tight match. 

Never knowingly overstated.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 11:43:12 »

Danny Ward says hi!

Point taken though.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 12:52:17 »

I think as has been mentioed he is a young in-experienced lad that is here as cover he is good enough as cover and I'm sure in time he will improve but we was poor Tues getting caught out at times and I'm sure on another day he would be fine and not stand out
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 13:35:55 »

Strangely enough I thought one of his biggest problems was that he got himself into bad positions.

He has the physical attributes, but not the experience of playing tough games.
I'm sure he looks really good playing reserve football for Arsenal, as I'm sure they get a lot more time on the ball in those games.

He needs experience, but I'm not sure he is going to get it with us.
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #85 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 13:40:20 »

He's a young lad coming to terms with the pace and physicality of league football, will no doubt improve with time.

Not sure about that, even though its early days. Take Steven Cauker, (CB, Yeo/Slavers/Swans) was at Yeovil at, what, 18 years old, had both the pace and physical attributes needed. More importantly he has a football brain - not sure DB has, or will have, that. Granted I've only seen him the twice.

We had a great example of a young player going places on Tuesday. Grandison, Shrews no. 2, also a CB, won just about everything thrown at him, and he's only 21. OK Daniel is 2 years younger. He needs to play a season prob. lower down than us but would Arsenal want that?
Navyred stfc

« Reply #86 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 14:20:28 »

Is Flint still out for the season anyone? Any positive news on that front? Some good posts reference Boetang, hoping Devera is available for Saturday and would like Ferry to start aswell.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 14:23:07 »

To me he looked like he would be more at ease as a full back than a centre back
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #88 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 14:29:29 »

Is Flint still out for the season anyone? Any positive news on that front? Some good posts reference Boetang, hoping Devera is available for Saturday and would like Ferry to start aswell.

They said he will be back by the end of March/early April.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 14:30:05 »

When I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago he was hoping to be available for the JPT final...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: