Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 57   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is The Recession Affecting You?  (Read 80522 times)
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Friday, January 23, 2009, 09:22:09 »

yarp - wait till they have to bail the Oirish out - Celtic Tiger - my arse - all on grants and borrowed money - bah fucking scottish/Irish nutters
Dead right, all the money is going east now. (Our money)

From the Dark Side
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Friday, January 23, 2009, 09:32:45 »

No. Not officially anyway.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Friday, January 23, 2009, 09:33:27 »

GDP contraction of 1.5% in Q4 2008 (against a pre-announcement consensus of 1.2%).  This is deep, deep shit.

Good luck everyone.  I have a feeling there will be a few more of us posting hard luck stories on here in the coming months.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #153 on: Friday, January 23, 2009, 09:41:28 »

Well Ardiles.

After having only last month been made redundant from my salaried position within the company I have now just been told that further re-structuring is in the pipeline.

The proposal begins with a higher commission schedule.... OK.

But the catch is that the company will no longer provide an office or facilities, meaning that I would have to pay out for things such as office space and telephone bills myself, as well as visas and work permits etc............. Oh, and I get to pay $150/month "Membership fee" for the pleasure.

At least I should have a plan B waiting for me sometime in March, but hold on, plan B is a job in the tourism industry.

Buggerooney.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Friday, January 23, 2009, 09:45:51 »

Jeez.  I wasn't soliciting hard luck stories.

Sorry to hear it.  Sounds rough.  When I was in Bangkok I was buying three course meals for $2, so $150/month doesn't sound fun.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 10:25:23 »

We have just been told this morning our office manager is being made redundant - shes worked here like 9 years and helped set the business up

I dont understand why they have got rid of her instead of me? she has 2 kids and is the main breadwinner in her family - I have no kids and another job and Im the one that cares the least - I feel really guilty and upset    Crying
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 10:34:52 »

bollocks to that JFW, its every man / woman for themselves (and their family) at the moment.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 10:36:07 »

We have just been told this morning our office manager is being made redundant - shes worked here like 9 years and helped set the business up

I dont understand why they have got rid of her instead of me? she has 2 kids and is the main breadwinner in her family - I have no kids and another job and Im the one that cares the least - I feel really guilty and upset    Crying

She's probably on a lot more money that you.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 10:55:00 »

Yeah they said its the role not person but I still feel a bit shit - theres only 6 of us work here so you can imagine we are pretty close knit etc If I knew it had come to this then I would have maybe volunteered to go with a pay off or something?

also muggins here will be taking on loads of her work for no extra pay no doubt

I feel kind of more trapped in my job now - whereas Ive been taking my aerobics insturtors course etc as a way to to get out
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 11:14:44 »

You shouldn't feel guilty for something that was out of your control. Did your employers offer you voluntary redundancy which you turned down? Of course they didn't, they wanted to get rid of the highest cost because they think they can cope without the manager and get away with paying less money to the other employees.

Also, what's to stop you getting out of your job? You may feel bad that you will be giving up a position the manager could have had but it doesn't work like that. I'm sure if they offered the manager your job role and salary they would decline the offer.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 11:19:25 »

I spose

Its just ming thats all
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 11:29:24 »

What's going on with the aerobics thing? Can't you still do that?

Also will you be adorning one of those microphones and saying phrases like "pump it" and "keep it moving" whilst fat women dressed in lycra are busy dying?
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 11:33:30 »

me and Sooze both reffered on parts of our theory before Christmas but we are re-taking - we have a half day with our teacher on Thursday to go through any staicking points etc then we are going to rebook our exams

and yes pretty much to the other question!
Sussex

« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 13:27:09 »

they wanted to get rid of the highest cost because they think they can cope without the manager and get away with paying less money to the other employees.

Spot on Si, exactly the reason I got the chop.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 13:29:49 »

On the plus side I had a little cry so am getting awya with actual murder today!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 57   Go Up
Print
Jump to: