Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 57   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is The Recession Affecting You?  (Read 80496 times)
cib

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 19:50:49 »

Good time to be a student really, with an interest-free overdraft and 2% loan etc, with a bit of luck when I come out things will be on the up again.

I graduated last Summer, did a little bit of travelling and have come back now needing to find a job. Thinking of going into teaching, which stills means i need a job until September with next to nothing around so i'm finding things a little difficult. But i thought interest rates on student loans weren't the same as those set by the bank of england?! I'm paying around 4% interest overall i think, thats not likely to change either
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 20:58:49 »

why the hesitancy with teaching cib?

i started going down that route in august and have my PGCE interview tomorrow. if i can help at all ask away.
cib

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 21:05:34 »

I finished Uni and planned to go to New Zealand for a few months, not really knowing what i wanted to do once i got back - part of why i went travelling. But having come back its probably the best option for me and i'd probably enjoy it more than getting on some graduate training scheme, although i could earn more that way.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 00:06:22 »

2nd Feb we have a meeting to discuss what happens next. 6 out of 20 people are being retained by Nationwide, the rest will move to CC and then stay on the Nationwide contract, or be made redundant

when did the redundancy bit come in Alex? The BT lot had a choice of transferring or fucking off - it's not a redundancy situation as fas as I know.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 09:04:19 »

Basically we all go to CC, then they will either keep us on or get rid; same terms apparently. If you refuse to go over, it's seen as a resignation. 2nd Feb we should know if CC intend on keeping us all for any length of time, or if they are getting rid pretty sharpish.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 10:07:56 »

I see what you mean - good luck you ugly bastard!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 10:08:40 »

Your compassion touches me deeply...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 12:13:21 »

It's looking like there'll be no corporate bonus this year Sad And most likely a below inflation payrise Sad
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 13:23:49 »

It's looking like there'll be no corporate bonus this year Sad And most likely a below inflation payrise Sad
I think this is year to be grateful if you keep your job tbh. And any payrise at all is a bonus in itself.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 14:14:02 »

no payrises for us for a few years. It's where to put your money that is getting to be a problem (for us elderly that have some) all the British banks are technically insolvent and the Irish ones have been nationalised, and Ireland is broke anyway. The Indian ICICI bank offers the best saving rate - who'd have believed it? Invest in the Rupee my son.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 14:20:44 »

I think this is year to be grateful if you keep your job tbh. And any payrise at all is a bonus in itself.

I'm still hoping for a decent bonus and pay rise.  Think it and it will come.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 14:33:36 »

Doing a masters degree at the moment while working full-time.

Listening to Vine on Radio 2 last week made me wonder why I bother doing a postgraduate degree... I decided to do one to be one ahead of the undergraduates because so many go to university nowadays. Anyway, it's not what you know - it's who you know, and I know nobody!

I wanted to move jobs from Durham to Newcastle/Gateshead/Closer to home but it's simply not worth the risk as HMV are doing alright. I did call centres all through uni in Plymouth - I couldn't stomach it now and retail is the only work that really works with uni.

It's not big-boy stuff like those with families and mortgages but it's not fun at the moment.
dell boy

« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 20:12:33 »

To the original question: Is The Recession Affecting You?

Yes, Yes, Yes, lost a fucking packet.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 21:50:46 »

To the original question: Is The Recession Affecting You?

Yes, Yes, Yes, lost a fucking packet.

My response to the original question is: It's not a fucking recession yet.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 22:27:32 »

How so?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 57   Go Up
Print
Jump to: