Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stockpot v STFC matchday thread  (Read 11715 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 13:28:01 »

It’s not just us I see Bristol City fans are split with many wanting Liam Manning replaced already.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 13:35:10 »

It’s not just us I see Bristol City fans are split with many wanting Liam Manning replaced already.

I think most of us fans (bar DV) would snap your hands off for a chance of a Liam Manning being manager at our club

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 13:37:22 »

I think most of us fans (bar DV) would snap your hands off for a chance of a Liam Manning being manager at our club

If only for how much piss it would boil up the A420!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 13:40:02 »

Spot on, he done an excellent job at pox and no coincidence that their form has been in different since he left.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #259 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 13:48:50 »

Spot on, he done an excellent job at pox and no coincidence that their form has been in different since he left.
Not as much of a change as Notts County since Williams left for Swansea...and for that matter Swansea's form too.

Most teams that have changed manager mid season have suffered.

Swindon under Gunning 1 win from 6 with 2 defeats.
County under Maynard 1 win from 6 with 4 defeats.
Grimsby under Artell 2 wins from 15 with 7 defeats.
Swans under Williams 3 wins from 10 with 6 defeats.
Col U under Cowley 1 win from 6 with 1 defeats.

By comparison.
Pox under Buckingham 7 wins from 23 games with 9 defeats.
Shitty under Manning 7 wins from 23 with 8 defeats.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 13:52:18 »

Not as much of a change as Notts County since Williams left for Swansea...and for that matter Swansea's form too.

Most teams that have changed manager mid season have suffered.

Swindon under Gunning 1 win from 6 with 2 defeats.
County under Maynard 1 win from 6 with 4 defeats.
Grimsby under Artell 2 wins from 15 with 7 defeats.
Swans under Williams 3 wins from 10 with 6 defeats.
Col U under Cowley 1 win from 6 with 1 defeats.

By comparison.
Pox under Buckingham 7 wins from 23 games with 9 defeats.
Shitty under Manning 7 wins from 23 with 8 defeats.

Good comparisons and must have missed Artell going to Grimsby.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 13:56:58 »

The last couple of pages is a microism of the fans at the moment and illistrates perfectly where we are as a fanbase.  Very much like the world as a whole at the moment.there is still a significant split of opinion with polar opposite views and very little inbetween and that turns into infighting between ourselves, it's going to take a significant event to bring us together and unfortunately that event is likely to be relegation to the NL, which will mean it will all be too late by then.

The summer break is going to even more aggy than usual on here..

There is definitely sides; the problem is - no matter what side your on you can’t do anything.
There are those that are vehemently anti Clem but what can they do about it? They can’t force him out. They can’t buy the club. At best they can wear orange hats and chant a few things at a game of football. Again, a start but ultimately does nothing to force Clem’s hand and most who are vehemently anti Clem are probably going down the ‘won’t give him another penny’ route so at best they are spouting their feelings on the internet. Again achieved absolutely nothing.

Those that are behind Clem have accepted that’s lower mid table in L2 is the new norm. They accept everything Clem says at face value. A few bad words on the internet aren’t going to change their mind. I’m not even sure what will.

Then you have the third group who are just a bit meh. Maybe they are fine with the situation and maybe they aren’t but what can they possibly do? How do we force change?

What we really need to kick this up a notch is a viable alternative. We need someone to come out publicly and say they want to buy the club, why they want to buy the club, how they are going to finance the club & what the plans are. Something that anti Clem brigade can get behind. Something that might spur some of the meh crowd to do something & pick a side. Hell, it might even wake up a few Clem supports to realise this doesn’t have to be the norm.

It’s probably going to get worse before it gets better but the fanbase needs something.

I know not everything ends up in the public domain but I personally don’t believe there is a queue of people wanting to buy the club - so how do we facilitate change at the top where there isn’t an alternative
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #262 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 13:57:23 »

Good comparisons and must have missed Artell going to Grimsby.
Early January.

Several wanted the Cowleys and they have ended up at Colchester, they would never be on my wanted list having watched how they set teams up previously TBH.

I wanted the ex Crewe manager David Artell who has ended up at Grimsby and so far has only won 2 games in his first 9 in charge.

I added Cowley too to that list.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 13:58:51 »

Yeah, no ex-scummers please….
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 15:33:26 »

Yeah, no ex-scummers please….

If it takes an ex-scummer to take us back to actually looking like a capable football team/club and providing some capable coaching/recruitment experience then i am all for it.  You do somewhat contradict yourself with some of your views IMO (and i get that in most cases you are looking for a reaction). A repeated message is that it's all about winning games, and if we are winning games then the rest is less important, if an ex scummer helps us to win games then why not.  You have happily laid into managers and players calling them frauds, stat paddlers and the like but accuse others of going in on Gunning even though his record is not really any better than those that you openly slam, i get that you are Gunnings cheerleader, but surely we are better than a jobbing lower league player/coach with zero experience and with no credible backroom support? 

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 16:12:13 »

The Gunning love in was all tongue in cheek because his record in his previous two (extremely short) spells looked great statistically.

I’m neither for or against Gunning.

I prefer him to Flynn, Morris & Lindsey.
I think that his teams looks marginally more solid, robust & organised. I think the tempo, energy & effort are all up - it’s an improvement imo.

…enough to get him the job? Probably not - hence why I was asking people about who they actually want.

We went down the experienced route with Flynn & it didn’t work. We went down the new young coach with good pedigree in coaching roles with Morris & it didn’t work. Where else is there for us to go? Which do we try again next?

….i also think it’s Gav’s job to lose just because that’s how the club is currently. Is he the best man for the job? Don’t think so. Is he the worst man for your job? Also don’t think so…
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 16:16:00 »

5 posts today (before your responses) says you are 'done'

Done with the club yes, until Clem leaves or a phoenix starts. Back to my Lee Power position post the Bristol Rovers abandonment debacle which was my final straw there. Pretty sure I said I log in here for off the pitch matters more now. I can explain it again, if you'd like.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 16:19:11 by ChalkyWhiteIsGod » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 16:49:32 »

if we are talking stats, gunning is 1 point a game 😛

yeah, too early to judge after only 6: games.

That we will probably appoint him says all we need to hear about the setup of the club. Let's then hope we get lucky with him.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 17:00:47 »

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 17:03:04 »

if we are talking stats, gunning is 1 point a game 😛

yeah, too early to judge after only 6: games.

That we will probably appoint him says all we need to hear about the setup of the club. Let's then hope we get lucky with him.

…are we ignoring his another spells?

It’s 13 points from 9 games over all.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: