Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stockpot v STFC matchday thread  (Read 11324 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 17:10:37 »

The Gunning love in was all tongue in cheek because his record in his previous two (extremely short) spells looked great statistically.

I’m neither for or against Gunning.

I prefer him to Flynn, Morris & Lindsey.
I think that his teams looks marginally more solid, robust & organised. I think the tempo, energy & effort are all up - it’s an improvement imo.

…enough to get him the job? Probably not - hence why I was asking people about who they actually want.

We went down the experienced route with Flynn & it didn’t work. We went down the new young coach with good pedigree in coaching roles with Morris & it didn’t work. Where else is there for us to go? Which do we try again next?

….i also think it’s Gav’s job to lose just because that’s how the club is currently. Is he the best man for the job? Don’t think so. Is he the worst man for your job? Also don’t think so…

The problem is, as has been said, is it doesn't matter what manager you put in there if he doesn't get backed.  Lindsey, didn't get backed, Morris, didn't get backed, Flynn started getting backed and then that backing soon disintergrated as the season progressed, and then Gunning (according to the man himself) has been backed and got to bring in the players he wanted, although my own view is that he hasn't been backed and we have just brought in bodies that we were able to get in on the cheap.

I have said before, I think this interim appointment is all with a view of appointing Austin in the summer, but ultimetely you could put Klopp and Pep in charge and it wouldn't change a thing unless they bring in qualified football staff and invest on the pitch.

Everything this club does at the moment stinks of a relegation battle next season, and asking people to name a manager they would want is nonsensicle because it is pretty much irrelevant in the clubs current shape and form.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 17:29:09 »

Quote from: DiV
are we ignoring his another spells?

It’s 13 points from 9 games over all.

yeah I am because I'm comparing this season  - Gunning's better squad with Flynn's worse squad.

it should be that Gunning's improves as fitness improves.

He has the problem of 12 dead rubbers to motivate them through though
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 17:56:06 »

Done with the club yes, until Clem leaves or a phoenix starts. Back to my Lee Power position post the Bristol Rovers abandonment debacle which was my final straw there. Pretty sure I said I log in here for off the pitch matters more now. I can explain it again, if you'd like.

That's not quite 'truly done' though is it. I get the sense you like the dramatic.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 18:02:38 »

Not truly done, that's probably why it has the "until" clause. Just a thought
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 18:30:02 »

Not truly done, that's probably why it has the "until" clause. Just a thought

Its tiring.

I didn't even check the score until it was over today. I only check this site hoping to hear some shred of rumour of new owners or something to cling to. I'm truly done.

I can't see the 'until' clause? I just find it strange that some one who is 'truly done', is so interested in everything.

Now I can understand people having less interest, everyone is different but to be calling out fans as he does and then be so dramatic that he is 'truly done', yet still posting so much.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 19:02:50 »

"until Clem leaves or a phoenix starts" it's in the quote.

it's pretty difficult to totally walk away isn't it.. Probably a good thing because we'll need them back.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 19:25:03 »

I watch on ifollow despite having a season ticket, withdraw sponsorship and other things. I would say i am done but because i watch the game and post about it on here does that mean i am not?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 19:27:01 »

I sat on that performance for a day before posting - at the time I thought it was shit, that we were generally a poor team but we battled for a point and the result was good.  Posting such things after the result would likely irritate people who would rightly point at the clean sheet and getting a point away from home at a good team.

Overall, we really are a pretty poor team - squad wise.  I'd not lose any sleep if our entire midfield was replaced in the summer (hell, it may actually happen given this club right now).  The forward players, despite trumpets being blown for them when signing, all seem a bit naff as well, now I've seen them for a few games.  What we have, unsurprisingly, is a team that looks every bit it's league position.

On Gunning, I have a nagging feeling that performances will get worse over time with him.  I just don't see how you can hope to sustain any sort of form when you just chuck four random players up top and leave a couple of lightweights to be your midfield.  There must have been a 20 minute period in the second half where Devoy's name wasn't even used by Hawes.

But, it was a good point.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 19:42:47 »

That's not quite 'truly done' though is it. I get the sense you like the dramatic.

Truly done with Clems Swindon Town Football Club.

Does that help or do you still need further clarification?
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 19:54:05 »

"until Clem leaves or a phoenix starts" it's in the quote.

it's pretty difficult to totally walk away isn't it.. Probably a good thing because we'll need them back.

It's clearly not.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 20:02:13 »

I sat on that performance for a day before posting - at the time I thought it was shit, that we were generally a poor team but we battled for a point and the result was good.  Posting such things after the result would likely irritate people who would rightly point at the clean sheet and getting a point away from home at a good team.

Overall, we really are a pretty poor team - squad wise.  I'd not lose any sleep if our entire midfield was replaced in the summer (hell, it may actually happen given this club right now).  The forward players, despite trumpets being blown for them when signing, all seem a bit naff as well, now I've seen them for a few games.  What we have, unsurprisingly, is a team that looks every bit it's league position.

On Gunning, I have a nagging feeling that performances will get worse over time with him.  I just don't see how you can hope to sustain any sort of form when you just chuck four random players up top and leave a couple of lightweights to be your midfield.  There must have been a 20 minute period in the second half where Devoy's name wasn't even used by Hawes.

But, it was a good point.

It was a very good point, away from home from the team who were top of the league. 

However, the performance wasn't great and I'm not sure the tactics we are currently trying to employ are working and that is Gav's remit.  The new players aren't fully match fit, so it might improve?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 20:17:56 »

Quote from: RobertT
I sat on that performance for a day before posting - at the time I thought it was shit, that we were generally a poor team but we battled for a point and the result was good.  

probably also worth pointing out Stockport have the same number of points as we do over the last 6, and a worse GD.

But we've been truly pathetic results wise away, so I agree it was a good result.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 20:20:19 »

The slightly strange thing about Gunning's general lack of interest in midfielders is that he was a centre back. You'd really expect him to value having a covering DM but he seems quite happy to leave any old nonsense in the middle of the park.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #283 on: Monday, February 26, 2024, 09:40:04 »

FWIW I am, and never will be done with the club.

I am 99.9% fed up with the club currently and its whole ownership and management but I still give a shit and still watch games and if I lived closer would still either get a season ticket or attend the majority of games.

But I hate the thought of us stagnating near the bottom of the table (or worse) and putting money into the club just to see it be pissed up against a wall by an owner(s) who seems to think that we just need to be safe from relegation rather than pressing for promotion.

League 2 survival alone should not be the goal.

If Clem cannot afford to make us a promotion viable team then he needs to pass the ball to someone that can provide us with that aim.

Also get in people that know football, a CEO/DoF/Manager/Coaching team that can improve us on the pitch, or at least make us appear a more professional outfit.

I will never be truly "done with this club", I can't as its like disowning a parent or child, but this is as close as I have ever been to that.

Thanks for your time and effort Clem but please for the sake of the club and its many thousands of fans please for Gods sake put us up for sale now and see if there are some interested parties and be open about things.

That is all.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Monday, February 26, 2024, 09:42:44 »

FWIW I am, and never will be done with the club.

I am 99.9% fed up with the club currently and its whole ownership and management but I still give a shit and still watch games and if I lived closer would still either get a season ticket or attend the majority of games.

But I hate the thought of us stagnating near the bottom of the table (or worse) and putting money into the club just to see it be pissed up against a wall by an owner(s) who seems to think that we just need to be safe from relegation rather than pressing for promotion.

League 2 survival alone should not be the goal.

If Clem cannot afford to make us a promotion viable team then he needs to pass the ball to someone that can provide us with that aim.

Also get in people that know football, a CEO/DoF/Manager/Coaching team that can improve us on the pitch, or at least make us appear a more professional outfit.

I will never be truly "done with this club", I can't as its like disowning a parent or child, but this is as close as I have ever been to that.

Thanks for your time and effort Clem but please for the sake of the club and its many thousands of fans please for Gods sake put us up for sale now and see if there are some interested parties and be open about things.

That is all.

This Clap

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: